Tools of the Trade is a weekly feature in which people reveal the top secret contents of their messenger bags, apps they use everyday, and/or their workstations.
Dan Huang, who came here from Houston to attend Georgia Tech, is now focusing his talents on developing Veehive, an easy-to-use mobile based video editing service. As a developer formerly with Highgroove and a founder of a previous startup, Dan has learned how to create and build while working from different spots in Atlanta. Read below to find out what’s in this Georgia Tech alum’s bag and the three apps he can’t live without.
In His Bag:
- Macbook Air – Probably the best computer I’ve owned — I can’t get over how portable this beast is.
- iPhone 4S – My phone, also when I need to test apps on a 3.5″ screen
- iPod Touch 5G – When I need to test apps on a 4″ screen
- Moleskine – Where I jot down new ideas, wireframes, and sketches.
- Pigma Micron 03 – I write small, so precision is necessary
- Wallet – Very difficult to drive without it
- Keys – Also very difficult to drive without these
- Pocket Knife – Comes in handy for excavating Amazon packages
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks – Made with real fruit
[Photo Credit: Emily Detrick]