There’s a new sheriff in town.
- Tech Square Ventures has raised an initial $10 million for its first fund and will invest $250,000 to $500,000 in each of its 3-4 annual deals.
- The fund will focus on ventures in the realms of information technology, connected devices, medical devices, and sensors.
- Capital investment opportunities are up a purported 30% over last year, and, thanks to a burgeoning number of accelerators and incubators, Atlanta’s tech scene is booming. Still, Georgia lays claim to less than 1% of the national venture capital pool.
- More sources of local capital will allow for investors to pool their resources and support larger deals, and Tech Square Ventures does intend to co-invest in deals with other firms or angel groups.
- Patton hopes to leverage his connections in the tech sphere to feel out the most promising ventures, especially those stemming from university research projects.
- Tech Square Ventures‘ homepage
- Atlanta Business Chronicle broke the news.
- Patton’s take on the launch of his firm.
- David Cummings explains how a seed fund works.
- Atlanta CEO Council interviews Blake Patton.
[Photo Credit: http://www.techsquareventures.com/]