Two Atlanta startups have been selected for a regional startup competition called Spark, held TODAY in Nashville, TN.
The ATL Competitors:
- Vitamin C’s team, lead by Chief Product Officer Osama Hashmi, CTO Jordan Burke, and CFO Kim Tri Cao seeks to provide simple patient-doctor connections.
- Ker-Chunk Games’ team, lead by CEO Molly Proffitt and CTO Jason Smith, makes cross-platform, social and casual puzzle games designed for women, one of the fastest growing markets.
The Scoop on Spark:
Spark celebrates the Southern tech and entrepreneurial community of Murray Kentucky, Huntsville Alabama, Nashville Tennessee, Tallahassee Florida, and Atlanta Georgia. The mission of Spark is simple, they foster a community that is already successful in building tech startups to share ideas that will ‘spark’ others around the South. Spark is expecting 400 investors, founders, developers and members of the most successful tech communities in the region.
The judging panel at Spark includes an all-star cast including Marci Harris, CEO and President of POPVOX, ATL’s own Sanjay Parekh, Founder of Startup Riot and Founder Fables, Vic Gatto, Founder of Jumpstart Foundry and Partner at Solidus Ventures, and Stanfield Gray, Founder of DigSouth.
Startups will be judged on the following criteria:
- Urgency: Why do we need the product/service now?
- Scalability: Can the startup scale/compete on a national/global level? Use of Technology: Is the startup driven by technology?
- Disruptive Ability: Does this startup improve/disrupt/change an already existing industry?
- Professionalism/experience: team’s individual expertise/experience/
likelihood to follow through.
Vitamin C & Ker-Chunk Games we’re rooting for you!