The end-of-the-year buzz is definitely keeping the news rolling in from across the Southeast. If your week has been a bit hectic, we’ve put together all the important headlines from the region:
- Atlanta, Georgia: Cypress.io, a startup known for streamlining how developers test software, raised a $40M Series B round led by OpenView Venture, along with participation from existing investors Bessemer Venture Partners and Las Olas Venture Capital.
- Atlanta, Georgia: Dry cleaning robotics company Presso, raised a $1.6 million pre-seed round. We have the latest about the team, and how they got noticed from Hollywood studios, here.
- Marina Del Ray, Florida: Whatnot, a collectibles-focused e-commerce marketplace, raised $4 million in seed funding from investors Scribble Ventures, Wonder Ventures, Operator Partners, and Y Combinator.
- Atlanta, Georgia: KontrolFreek, the gaming gear and controller accessories company, has been acquired by Danish gaming manufacturer SteelSeries. Hypepotamus has more here.
- Decatur, Georgia: In a $65 million deal, Motion Array has been acquired by Israeli-based Artlist. Learn more about how this impacts filmmakers, editors, and creators here.