Get out of the office space and head to Ponce City Market for the inaugural Reboot Your Career Week hosted by General Assembly. Through 28 workshops and events – ranging from career negotiations to learning how to code – GA will prep you with the skills needed to stay competitive in today’s job market. So come on down, and network with other like-minded professionals and hear from industry experts on what it takes to make it in Atlanta. (Many of the events are free!) Here’s the complete list of activities happening, November 14-21.
Ready to reboot your career? Check out the extensive list of classes and register today.
Saturday, 14 November | 10 am – 4 pm
- Blogging for Your Brand Bootcamp: Instructor Kevin Sandlin will provide you with a toolkit to create, maintain, promote, and drive traffic to your blog.
- Adobe Photoshop Bootcamp: This bootcamp will help students visualize products and designs using Photoshop and learn some basic visual design tips.
- Mobile App Development Bootcamp: This bootcamp will teach you about the process of creating an app from start to finish — from learning about the mobile industry itself to development, design, economics, management, and marketing.
- Resume Building & Business Networking Workshop: Learn the importance of cover letters and common resume mistakes, along with a learning how to effectively network with companies. Plus, you will have the opportunity get a professional headshot.
Monday, 16 November | 10 am – 9 pm
- Getting Started with WordPress: WordPress is the premier content management system for those seeking an easy, user-friendly way to set up and maintain a website. In this class, you’ll walk through the basics of getting your site live.
- General Assembly Open House + Happy Hour: Learn more about GA Atlanta and what it means to be part of a network of 10,000+ graduates around the globe.
- UX/UI: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Pros discuss and teach others how to do more of what they love in UX/UI and to stop doing what they don’t.
- Coding for Designers: Hear about how easy learning to code can be, and also how empowering it is when you have the skills to develop your own designs.
- Content Marketing for Beginners: Walk away with a clear picture of what content can do for your brand, and what you can do to get started using it.
- Introduction to Data Analytics: This 2-hour class is an introductory, conceptual overview of what analytics entails.
Tuesday, 17 November | 11 am – 9 pm
- Lunch & Learn: Typography: This workshop covers the fundamentals of typography for the novice designer and other professionals, with an emphasis on web and mobile app executions.
- Copywriting 102: Explore common (and not-so-common) poetry concepts, tools, and techniques and apply them to your copywriting practice through guided discussions and individual/group exercises.
- How to Land a Job at a Startup: In this free class you’ll get some insider tips as well as hear firsthand experience on how to launch a career with a high growth company.
- Visual Design Fundamentals: Learn how to use visual design to communicate a specific message to a targeted audience.
Wednesday, 18 November | 11 am – 9 pm
- Data Driven: A Chat with MailChimp’s John Foreman: John Foreman, Chief Data Officer at MailChimp, will discuss how data is used in every aspect of their business. The conversation will be moderated by Michael Galvin, who is a data scientist at General Electric.
- Atlanta Sales Development Rep Meetup: JJ Imbeaux, Director of Sales at GuildQuality will be speaking on what managers and directors are looking for from their reps in order to promote them within the company. Food and drinks will be provided by Salesloft.
Thursday, 19 November | 11 am – 9 pm
- Lunch & Learn: Career Negotiations 101: This 90-minute session will focus on helping you understand your value and teach you how you can develop career related negotiation skills.
- Meet & Hire Web Developers & User Experience Designers: GA Web Development and User Experience Design graduates will be showcasing their projects, and will be available to chat about job opportunities.
- How to Win the Interview: Building Your Portfolio: Whether you are a designer, a developer, a marketer, a student or anything in between, learn how think through and execute the creation of a great portfolio.
- Growing Your Business with Social Media: Learn the most effective methods for creating traffic-driving content, and implementing social media for user acquisition, community management and advertising.
Friday, 20 November | 8 am – 8 pm
- Women in Tech Breakfast: Four great women in tech will give their insight on how they reached their level of success, advise on navigating the workplace, and how we can help the next generation of women in tech.
- Digital Marketing Bootcamp: This interactive, activity driven class will enable you to reach and engage your audience in your organizational space. You will then identify how to track and drive them toward relevant conversion points.
- UBER + General Assembly Present: Techsgiving 2015: Uber and General Assembly have come together to bring you Techsgiving, an opportunity to have fun over food and drinks with those in Tech while helping those in need by bringing a non-perishable food item to benefit Atlanta Community Food Bank.
Saturday, 21 November | 10 am – 4 pm
- Intro to Mobile App Development: This class will cover all the core aspects of what it takes to develop a successful mobile application.
- Understanding Information Architecture: This instruction will provide a broad introduction to a useful set of tools and ideas that provide a framework under which user and business insight can be harvested and used in pursuit of real business goals.
- Adobe Illustrator Weekend Bootcamp: Bring your creative ideas to life with Adobe Illustrator, the industry-standard vector graphics software, used by designers and illustrators who want to create digital graphics, logos, illustrations, and original typography.