Last week, the 2nd annual TAG Social Savvy Awards honored Georgia’s most impressive and innovative professionals in social media.
The event, held at the Junior Achievement’s Chick-fil-A Foundation Discovery Center in Downtown Atlanta, celebrates strides made by local companies and organizations in social media and enterprise throughout the year.
Check out this year’s list of categories and the winners:
- Next Evolution of Partnership Marketing was awarded to Sideqik, a partnership platform for marketers that simplifies and automates partnerships between brands.
- Growing a Social Following by Being Authentic went to KontrolFreek, a company that develops gaming products focused on improving performance, reducing fatigue, and increasing comfort.
- Innovating through Tapping Employee Wisdom was awarded to UPS, a global package delivery company and provider of specialized transportation and logistics services.
- Supporting Employees Using Social Media in their Daily Job was awarded to The Weather Company, a worldwide media provider of weather forecasts, content, and data available through television, online, and through mobile devices.
- Using Social Analytics to inform Business Decisions went to Turner Sports, a leader in sports television and online programming under a Time Warner Company.
- Demonstrating that One Person Can Make a Difference was awarded to SnowedOut Atlanta, a Facebook page created in response to Winter Storm “Leon” that offered advice and utilized a crowdsourcing map for stranded motorists in need of shelter or aid.
This year’s event also had a panel discussion featuring industry trailblazers such as Blakely Thomas-Aguilar, Content Strategist at PGi, and had the Keynote address delivered by Ryan Oliver, the Brand Strategist at Twitter.