Following their mission, Iron Yard is back at it this fall equipped with a schedule full to the seams featuring free classes for kids. Look below for information on their classes, including: the when and where the classes will be held, the title and short synopsis about the class, the list of dates and when registration for each class will open. Sign up for their newsletter to get updates!
- Each class will be capped at 15 students
- Classes will meet once a week for one hour per session.
- All classes will be held at 6:00 p.m. at the Atlanta Tech Village in Buckhead.
Fundamentals of Programming, ages 8-12
This class uses a programming tool called Scratch that is ideal for helping children to learn.
- Tuesdays, September 9 – 30
- Registration opens September 2
- Mondays, November 3 – 24
- Registration opens October 27
Building a Frogger Game Using Scratch, ages 8-12
This class builds on the foundation from the Fundamentals of Programming class and allows for students to build a game over the course of four weeks. Please sign up for this class only if your child has taken Fundamentals of Programming.
- Thursdays, October 9 – 30
- Registration opens September 29
Fundamentals of Web Design Using HTML and CSS, ages 13-18
During this class, teens will build a personal homepage while learning the fundamentals of web design.
- Wednesdays, October 15 – November 19
- Registration opens October 6
If you have any questions, please email Assistant Campus Director Laura Lindeman: firstname.lastname@example.org