NeuroLaunch, is a new accelerator program for early stage startups related to neuroscience. Inspired by successful tech accelerators such as Y Combinator and Rock Health, NeuroLaunch focuses solely on neuroscience-related companies, but that’s not limited to medical devices. They are interested in wearable tech, consumer facing tech, and neuro gaming too.
After a chat with the Co-founder Dr. Jordan Amadio, we got some great brainy facts:
- New residents in the Centergy Building (same space as ATDC)
- Angel Investor, Chris Klaus has backed Neurolaunch and said, “our Brain is the one organ we use everyday…If we can truly understand that organ-not just at a molecular level, but functionally, the more we can understand ourselves.”
- They have 50+ mentors nationwide
Why create this in Atlanta?
- “Atlanta is primed to support an extremely robust ecosystem of neuroscience startups.”- Dr. Amadio
- Number of world class institutions ranging from Emory, Georgia Tech to the CDC. (GT’s graduate program ranked second in biomedical engineering, according to the 2015 U.S. News & World Report.)
Looking for a marketing internship? Contact them via: email@example.com
NeuroLaunch Accelerator Application:
They are now accepting applications for the first cohort. Starting in November 2014, up to 10 startup teams in residence will undergo the 3-month NeuroLaunch accelerator in Atlanta. These teams will be given access to seed funding, world-class mentors, a tailored curriculum for business model validation, strategic partnerships, and direct introductions to investors.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until October 1st.
The Really Important Program Dates:
October 1, 2014: deadline for receiving applications at NeuroLaunch
November 3, 2014: NeuroLaunch accelerator program begins
February 3, 2015: Demo Day (Final NeuroLaunch startup showcase)