HangIt is a mobile platform company founded on the principle that mobile location changes everything. On October 7th they announced that they have raised $6.2 million in seed funding and established headquarters in New York City. Before heading to NYC, HangIt was incubated for several months at Vesta Labs in Atlanta (a project of VestaCorp), which also invested the seed funding.
- Co-invention of Jason Hogg (former FBI agent ) and Nicholas Johns (IP Attorney). Operated under CEO Steven Gal.
- Built to enable advanced location-based messaging and marketing in any app.
- They take a blank sheet approach which makes using mobile location fast, easy and free to app developers and publishers so that they can create contextually relevant experiences for smartphone users.
- It was developed on a strong portfolio of intellectual property following the patent strategy pioneered at Revolution Money.
- Since its incubation HangIt has deployed, and is currently testing, the prototype in major metropolitan areas.
The HangIt platform will launch later this year to help app developers and publishers add advanced location-based messaging and marketing to any app.