Emory University created an infographic illustrating the success of their 72 startups
The information was collected through a survey over the span of a few years and is by far the most comprehensive report on the startups and their economic makeup.
Some stats about Emory’s startups:
- 74% (53) of the startups are still active, and 61% (44) are based in Georgia.
- 31 of the startups are pharmaceutical, 17 are in medical devices, 6 are in diagnostic technology, 9 are in software, and 9 in other fields.
- 1,200 workers employed at companies’ peak
- The companies have received more than $1 billion in investment capital;$314 million in public investment capital;$85 million in non-dilutive funding; and $13.5 billion in mergers and acquisitions
- 30 products have gone to market from 20 companies
Emory News Center