This past week saw milestones from two major players in the Atlanta startup ecosystem. The Atlanta Tech Village, the 4th largest tech entrepreneurial hub in the country and the incubator of such startup success stories as BitPay, Salesloft, and Terminus (plus a whole lot more!), turned four on January 17. Then, new-kid-on-the-block Switchyards Downtown Club, the consumer-focused startup hub, saw its first birthday in style the following day, January 18.
In the celebratory spirit, we rounded up some of our favorite moments from these two Atlanta institutions from the past year.
Atlanta Tech Village (ATV)
- Passed the 1,000-member mark
- Companies like Salesloft, Terminus, and IO Education graduated from ATV and moved to new office spaces to scale even further.
- New companies were founded, grew and thrived. (Read about some of them here, here and here. Oh and here, and here.)
- A unique partnership was formed with one of Atlanta’s high-tech sports teams, the Braves.
- And last but not least, a love story — one tech power couple said their vows on the ATV rooftop.
Switchyards Downtown Club (SDC)
- Launch of #TheConsumerShow, a monthly pitch and community event where five consumer startups present their ideas and lessons learned.
- SDC began Switchyards Studios, a development studio where seasoned founders provide the branding, coaching and business advice to transform idea-stage startups into companies in just 90 days.
- Some really cool companies launched, scaled and soared at #TheConsumerShow. See here, and here, and here. Oh and here, here, and here. And yes, there are many, many more.
But in addition to the excitement, success, and certainly the fun had at these centers of Southeast innovation, our favorite thing is the support they show each other through the journey.
Happy 1st birthday @switchyards! We are thankful to have you in the Atlanta startup ecosystem. 🎉
— Atlanta Tech Village (@ATLTechVillage) January 18, 2017
— Dave Payne (@davempayne) January 19, 2017
Feature image via