We brought the thunder this week…literally. Another terrific week for the Atlanta startup community is once again coming to a close. Every week of Connected Awesomeness makes us stronger. Here’s a look at what went down.
- We want to extend a huge thank you to Stacey Higginbotham (@gigastacey) from GigaOM for visiting us at Hypepotamus and taking time to meet with a bunch of startups from across Atlanta, which resulted in this amazing post: Six Cool Startups from My Visit to Atlanta.
- This week was one to remember. On July 17, GigaOM played host to an amazing event which focused on the future of mobility. David Cummings has a great write up on the event on his blog davidcummings.org.
- Our friend Felix Hu wrote a great counterpoint to Stephen Fleming’s equally awesome “Startups for Grownups” post. You can view the article Felix’s post here.
- Bea Wray, from SavannahNow.com, authored a post about her visit to Atlanta and describes her tours of ATDC, Hypepotamus, and the Atlanta Tech Village. Read more here.
- A new collaborative work space is movin’ on in! Club E Atlanta (the E is for entrepreneurs) is opening an 11,000 square foot space in the suburbs of College Park. Welcome!
- Here is a terrific post from our friend Kyle Porter (@kyleporter) over at SalesLoft.com listing out his top 5 lessons learned from David Cummings.
- The Ecommerce School gathered for another solid monthly session. You can find what the four presenters shared here.
- PlayOn! Sports completes a $26 million dollar round and have partnered with Herff Jones Inc. – congratulations and PlayOn! Read about it here.
So much is always going on and we’re looking for your news – just shoot us an email and us know what stories you see happening in the tech startup community in Atlanta.