The Atlanta Web Design Group has just launched a Kickstarter to build a searchable, archivable, database of events, talks, videos, members, and supporters.
With over 2600 members, the Atlanta Web Design Group is the largest community of web designers, developers, marketers, and creative people in the southeast, and one of the largest in the country.
- They will streamline event registration and ticketing.
- The group will start recording every talk in HD and post the videos, slide decks, and notes on the website.
- Each member will get a customizable and searchable profile, allowing members to find each other based on location, skills, and interests.
- A job board: they’ll have a simple job board where you can post a job or look for a new one.
- They’re going to open source the entire thing so other groups can have a great platform to build their own websites.
- The $ will pay regular rates to the people who help AWDG build the website & fund the purchase of a nice video camera and some audio gear. Anything left over will be left in the general fund to help pay for speakers/events.
- Check out the Kickstarter
There are lots of cool rewards for individuals, groups, and companies for contributing.
[Photo Credit: http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/kickstarter.jpg]