[Photo: View of the Core Reaction Oct 17-18 Live Event.]
- MyAJC.com tech blog covered three Atlanta companies connected to crowdfunding: Arrianna Publishing, Uruut, and CrowdVested.
- Saporta Report’s Saba Long explored the recent Startup Weekend Makers Edition.
- Guest bloggers are welcome on the MyAJC.com tech blog. Learn more here.
- Code for America announced Atlanta will be part of its next cohort of cities to received CfA Fellows.
- ChooseATL campaign launched officially. Check it out here.
- Midtown Alliance launched their new Flipboard magazine powered by N4MD
- GQ featured its favorite places in Atlanta to eat, shop, play, and stay.
Deals, Funding, and Awards
- StarMobile announced $2.5M seed investment round led by U.S. Venture Partners with GRA Venture Fund and Atlanta Technology Angels.
- Bohemian Guitars’ crowdfunding campaign on SparkMarket is the first in the United States to successfully utilize general solicitation to both accredited and non-accredited investors via a crowdfunding platform in a federal and state registration exempt transaction in over 80 years (since before the Securities Act of 1933), and the first in the internet age.
- Monsieur reached its $100,000 Kickstarter goal 30 days ahead of deadline.
- Midtown-based Sitrion announced it has been acquired by NewsGator
- Born and developed in Atlanta, Govnorswax.com has launched. Check out their witty product descriptions.
Events and Conferences Announced
- MITEF Atlanta’s “Run It By The Pros” workshop will be held on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 from 3:30 – 7:00 p.m. To be considered, please submit the attached application along with your executive summary (not business plan) to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is 12 noon on Thursday, October 24, 2013. Generally they accept 4 of the first 20 applications they receive.
- Atlanta Tech Village unveiled its first infographic.
- MailChimp released the latest issue of its webcomic.
- John Melonakos documented the catalytic role StartupLounge played in keeping the startup spirit alive in Atlanta.
- Neil Sethi’s posted “My Year at an Atlanta Startup” based on his experience working at eCommHub
- AirWatch launched its new content marketing operations featuring Hypeopotamus media team alum, Scott Solomon. Read his stuff here.
Surely, we’re not perfect. So let us know if we left something out of this roundup by leaving a comment below with whatever links you think need to be added. We’d love to hear from you.