[Photo: View of the Coca-Cola Startup Weekend at Magnolia Hall in Piedmont Park.]
- Mashable shared three ways MailChimp is using data to grow their business
- The New Yorker penned this piece on San Francisco’s entrepreneurial community spreading around globe. True?
- FlashpointGT accelerator was included in this Ten Accelerators for Entrepreneurs
- The ChooseATL initiative’s launch caught the AJC’s attention
- Rachel Zoe named Pretty in My Pocket to her Five Favorite Beauty Apps list
- Creative Loafing published this cover story package about the Atlanta startup scene
Deals, Funding, and Awards
- Vonage acquired Vocalocity for $130 million. Wall Street Journal article here, David Cumming’s analysis here, trade publication coverage here, and Atlanta Business Chronicle story here.
- MedShape closed a $11 million round
- SwiftPayMD is partnering with Azalea Health on a mobile app
- Michael Tavani, cofounder of Scout Mob, is planning to open a design focused startup incubator to help launch more consumer companies.
Events and Conferences Announced
- The Salesforce Customer Company tour comes to Atlanta on Oct 17
- Health IT Leadership Summit is slated for November 12 at the Fox Theatre
- Georgia Tech gave much deserved attention to transportation innovator Kari Watkins
- Saporta Report detailed the progress Atlanta is making as a walkable, livable city
- Social media darling Jeni’s Ice Cream announced a free ice cream day to celebrate its first Atlanta story
- Thanks to your help, iOximeter, a smartphone device to tell your blood saturation and heart rate, secured a spot at the Engadget Expand NY conference.
Surely, we’re not perfect. So let us know if we left something out of this roundup by leaving a comment below with whatever links you think need to be added. We’d love to hear from you.