[Photo: View of Atlanta from Kennesaw Mountain]
- Venture Atlanta announced the early stage and late stage companies who will present this year
- We came across this interesting Visual Guide to Startups by Visual.ly
- Atlanta made the 10 Hottest Cities for Entrepreneurs on Forbes
- Creative Loafing’s Best of Atlanta issue put a crown on Govathon, the city’s first hackathon
- Inc. gave love to B2B companies, including Flashpoint alum Synapp.io
- The Minneapolis Egoist took a fancy to Agency Spotter while they were on a cross-country tour
- TAG and Nebo Agency nabbed an award for Best Association website from the Web Awards
- Williams Consulting and Emory University were recognized at a White House Conference for their work on a suicide prevention app
Deals, Funding, and Awards
- David Cummings announced $1 million fund for Georgia Tech Student startups
- bettercloud closed a $6 milllion Series B funding round
- Georgia Tech’s VentureLab announced the 2014 Startup Competition, a reformulation of the traditional business plan competition
- Atlanta entrepreneur, Jeff Arnold, secured $91 million for ShareCare
Events and Conferences Announced
- Atlanta Geek Girl Dinner is coming back to the ATL. Join the bunch on Wednesday, November 6, at Georgia Tech’s IPaT.
- Startup Riot launched a new website and is taking applications for Startup Riot 2014, happening February 26, 2014.
- Startup Grind Atlanta launches its monthly fireside chat series on Wednesday, October 9 featuring Michael Tavani
- Startup Atlanta launched a new website.
- Invest Atlanta’s Startup Stories blog featured a piece on Terry Allen of Shoot Proof and his work on Govathon, Random Hacks of Kindness, and the upcoming Hack for CF
- Did you know a technology incubator sits underneath the Millennium Gate at Atlanta Station? Check it out here.
Surely, we’re not perfect. So let us know if we left something out of this roundup by leaving a comment below with whatever links you think need to be added. We’d love to hear from you.