- Georgia Tech’s student newspaper Technique featured a piece on Startup Exchange.
- Georgia BioEd Institute’s debut caught the attention of Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Want to know where Georgia ranks in terms of Fortune 500 companies? Here you go.
- Pando Daily took notice of how Atlanta’s nCrowd is gobbling up the daily deal market. So did the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Li Jiang took notice of Atlanta’s emerging startup community on this Medium post.
- Here’s a blog post roundup of the Google-sponsored “Georgia’s Digital Economy” forum.
Deals, Funding, and Accelerators
- Noro-Moseley has raised over $46 million of a venture investment fund with plans to raise a total of $120 million. AJC article here. ABC article here.
- Atlanta-based Cumulus bought a stake in Rdio.
Events and Conferences Announced
- Magento is hosting an eCommerce event on Monday, September 23.
- HiveATL is gearing up for The Gathering on October 8 in Marietta. Learn more about this grassroots leadership initiative.
- TechCocktail is bringing its showcase to Atlanta as the kickoff party for Digital Atlanta.
- Johnson Cook waxed brotastically about four Atlanta Tech Village hustlers.
- Allen Nance is wondering if Atlanta is ready to Go Big with an early stage venture fund.
- Jeff Hilimire explored when its better to use a compass and when to use a map.
- Jared Fals shared his thoughts on iOS7 and design diversity.
- Kurt Ronn of Another Good Day Ventures has become the president of the Technical College of Georgia System (TCGS) Foundation.
Surely, we’re not perfect. So let us know if we left something out of this roundup by leaving a comment below with whatever links you think need to be added. We’d love to hear from you.