Atlanta always such great things going on increasingly in the area of technology and entrepreneurship. Here are some interesting stories we found this week related to Atlanta:
- ProtéJ, a non-profit venture ran by Jewish leaders and social entrepreneurs, announced they will host a Shark Tank style program on June 6 at 6:30 PM. The program will feature nonprofit leaders showcasing the impact they are having on Atlanta Jewish life. You can register for the event here.
- GirlTank launched a crowdfunding platform designed to help women grow and scale their daring social enterprises to make an impact in the community. From Asia to Africa to the Americas, get ready for a variety of projects that will move and wow you.
- Here are Ten Tech Startups that are making the South proud according to Techli. It includes a company that does a lot with email in Atlanta and another that has a cool mobile app for languages, but that’s all we’re gonna say. Check it out.
- Cynthia Kaye, CEO of Logical Choice Technologies, raised $5 million in private equity as the company prepares to enter the competitive mobile market. Read more here.
- Register for National Day of Civic Hacking to join the Random Hack of Kindness Atlanta hackathon happening on June 1-2. Register for this national day of giving back here.
- Google, in partnership with Startup Chicks, is hosting a free event on May 23 to teach startups how to leverage technology. It is open to everyone. All you have to do is sign up here.
- Atlanta Magazine interviewed Kyle Azevedo for national bike month about ViaCycle and whether or not Atlanta was ready for their bike system. Read this interesting article here.
- eCommHub wrote a fabulous post on growing a startup team that is definitely worth checking out.
- If you hadn’t yet heard Augur is part of the 2013 TechStars Boulder class and have already started their journey.
- A Virginia-based venture capital firm has just finished raising $225 million and plans to invest most of it in Atlanta. Read more about this here.
- Flashpoint is having their summer demo day June 4 and is partnering with us to kick off our summer startup academy and share the story of Flashpoint with the community. Check out some preliminary details and register here.
- Agency Spotter, who pitched at one of the Atlanta Startup Village meetups, won 3rd place this past week at the Ultra Light Boston meetup.
So much is always going on and we’re looking for your news – just shoot us an email and let us know what stories you see happening in the tech startup community in Atlanta.