Another terrific week for the Atlanta startup community is once again coming to a close. Every week Connected Awesomeness breaths more life into Atlanta’s burgeoning community. Here’s a look at what went down.
- A huge congratulations to Flashpoint GT alum, VehCon (short for vehicle connectivity), who just closed a $1.2 million investment round. Read Flashpoint’s write-up here.
- In last week’s Around Atlanta, we covered the Pindrop Security funding announcement. Over at academicvc.com, Stephen Fleming has a great writeup on the history of Pindrop Security and how the Atlanta startup ecosystem helped launch this rocket. Read more, here.
- Hypepotamus and Startup Atlanta have been selected the two best entrepreneurial resource sites in Atlanta by the CoFounders Lab. View the article here. Thanks guys and keep up the great work!
- The Saporta Report posted this article about the recent talk the Byers brothers (one is founding partner in KPCB – one of Silicon Valley’s biggest VC firms, the other is head of Stanford’s entrepreneur program, and the third owns a 40-year-old highly successful engineering firm based here in Atlanta) made about the positive outlook on the future of innovation and higher education in Atlanta.
- The Atlanta-based company ecommerce discount furniture company, Bizchair, was featured this week in this Google case study.
- Coca-Cola, Visa, The Weather Channel, AT&T, and more will be speaking at the GigaOM mobility meetup July 17th for 6:00-9:00pm. Here are more details.
- Our good friends at TranscriptsHQ have just raised seed funding from Atlanta Ventures. Congratulations guys!
- We&Co is pleased to announce that they have reached 50,000 subscribers! Also, steal this awesomeness they created!
So much is always going on and we’re looking for your news – just shoot us an email and us know what stories you see happening in the tech startup community in Atlanta.