uBack’s mission is to achieve sustainable social good in the local and global communities where we live and work by enabling individuals, corporation, non-profits, and merchants to exchange value in the form of time, money, and goods through a common social giving platform.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Role is a senior front end developer web developer with extensive experience designing, implementing, and deploying web-based applications leveraging Angular JS. Candidate is expected to work as part of a broader technology team consisting of business and technical resources. Current technology team is distributed across 2 major cities: Charlotte and Atlanta. Candidate will be hired into one of these 2 locations and is expected to work from the uBack office on a daily basis.
Currently, uBack leverages a lean delivery model consisting of Design Thinking (for product definition, design, and prioritization) and agile delivery (for design, build, test, and deployment) for the software.
• Provide leadership thinking on the design and implementation of new product features that require unique or complex integration with 3rd party platforms or technologies, for example, integration with LinkedIn.
• Leverage prior experience to assist the team in defining leading practices for web application design across multiple form factors and web browsers.
• Ability to build and test web pages leveraging market proven unit testing tools.
• Ability to develop proofs-of-concept for new product features.
• Ability to extend and/or enhance the Angular JS framework to support uBack specific features.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• B.S. in Computer Science
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Angular JS – 4-5 years
• Extensive experience implementing Angular JS applications across five primary browsers: IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
• Extensive experience implementing Responsive Designs leveraging Angular JS.
• Extensive experience in application component design and implementation leveraging Angular JS.
• Extensive experience leveraging 3rd party libraries for complex application integration, for example, Google API library, Facebook API Library, LinkedIn API Library.
• Extensive experience utilizing 3+ dev/ops tools to support continuous integration / continuous delivery.
• Strong familiarity with the following tools: BitBucket, BuddyBuild
PREFERRED NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Effective communication skills, including working with a distributed team.
• Strong self-starter who is comfortable with fluid/changing priorities based on client/market demands.
• Proactive in identifying areas of opportunity to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Believes in the mission of the organization and eagerly looks for opportunities to contribute to the organization outside of immediate responsibilities.
Ideal candidate is equally passionate about uBack’s mission and is looking for a unique opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing startup that is building the world’s first social giving platform.