uBack’s mission is to achieve sustainable social good in the local and global communities where we live and work by enabling individuals, corporation, non-profits, and merchants to exchange value in the form of time, money, and goods through a common social giving platform.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Product Owner is responsible for understanding the needs of the market managers and business leaders and the strategic direction of the organization, and leading a program of research and development to deliver a software solution which meets those needs.
The Product Owner works with the business, Interaction Designers, Visual Designers and R&D to design, develop and deploy the solution to the markets. Those stakeholders and resources maybe be geographically distributed in one or more of the regions where we have business.
As Product Owner, collaborating with the people and resources in your team, you are responsible for successful management and delivery of the software solution.
• Product Vision Development – the Product Owner is responsible for collating information from various stakeholders (both internal and external) and developing an overall solution vision. The Product Owner must be able to communicate that vision to stakeholders and the team.
• Product Backlog Management – The Product Owner is responsible for decomposing the vision into user stories, which make up the Product Backlog. Working with the technology team and the business, they are responsible for creating a Release and Iteration Plan based on the Backlog.
• Roadmap Management – The Product Owner is responsible for developing and updating the product roadmap.
• Market Validation – The Product Owner is responsible for leading the effort to define, and conduct market validation of future product features with our constituents which includes donors, corporations, and non-profits.
• Communication – The Product Owner must communicate the product roadmap and client implementations to the broader organization to ensure alignment on priorities and sequencing.
• As the Product Owner, you will work with your interaction Designer, Visual Designer, R&D leads and program directors to deliver your program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• B.A. in Business Administration
• Agile certifications strongly preferred.
• Product Owner certification strongly preferred
• Three years’ experience working as a Product Line Manager or Analyst, designing and developing software solutions.
• Two years’ experience working in a software development environment using one of the AGILE SDLC methodologies.
• Three years’ experience directing a team to deliver a successful project.
• Communication – the ability to communicate at all levels, the role will require the Product Owner to be able to communicate effectively with their team, a peer network of stakeholders, senior executives, technical resources as well as staff in other countries.
• Problem solving – the Product Owner will have to be able to assimilate information from a variety of sources, and develop a coherent strategy and product roadmap for meeting those needs.
• Quality – the program is the pinnacle of the software organizations efforts. As such, the Product Owner must have high personal standards and always work to deliver the very best product.
• Project Management – working with the business and technical teams the Product Owner is responsible for ensuring that all facets of the project are delivered according to schedule.
• Creativity – The ideal candidate will be able to create a vision of a solution which stretches the team and delivers true innovation in the market place.
• Leadership – The Product Owner will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team to achieve the product strategy and will provide senior leadership to the business/technology teams.
• Organization – responsible for ensuring that our product feature documentation and corresponding communication materials are up to date and reflect our current platform capabilities.
PREFERRED NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Effective communication skills, including working with a distributed team.
• Strong self-starter who is comfortable leading teams to achieve strategic objectives/goals.
• Proactive in identifying areas of opportunity to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Believes in the mission of the organization
Ideal candidate is equally passionate about uBack’s mission and is looking for a unique opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing startup that is building the world’s first social giving platform.