Lead Thinkful’s expansion into Atlanta. As the General Manager, you’ll manage Thinkful’s growth in the city.
Specifically, you’ll coordinate and run events to build the community, work with individual students to understand the program, and build corporate partnerships with top employers in the city to mentor students and hire alumni. You’ll organize classes, events, and workshops to build awareness. You’ll build community among students, mentors, and partners, bringing everyone together around the common cause of tech employment in the city. You’ll manage your own P&L (if you don’t know how to yet, we’ll teach you).
Over time, you’ll build your own team (with our support), hiring in marketing and program management as the program grows. This is a great role if you’re currently working as a product manager or developer and looking to grow beyond your current function, or if you’re currently working in business development for a technical company.
What you’ll do
– Host events that build awareness of Thinkful
– Recruit students
– Manage corporate partnerships
– Recruit and manage the growth team in the city as the responsibilities grow beyond what one person can handle
– Develop and test new initiatives to accelerate growth
– Build the brand and reputation of Thinkful in Atlanta
– Demonstrated entrepreneurialism – you’re resourceful and know how to accomplish goals without specific directions
– 2+ years experience in sales or marketing at a tech company
– Exceptional written and verbal communication
– High degree of empathy, particularly for beginners
– Strength in one of the following and exposure to all of them: programming, teaching, community-building
Compensation and Benefits
– Competitive base salary and equity
– Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for individual