Program Manager Summary:
Techstars operates 35+ Accelerator programs around the globe and we’re looking for a Program Manager (PM) who can lead operations of the Techstars Atlanta Accelerator, in partnership with Cox Enterprises. The Program Manager is one half of the Accelerator program team, consisting of one operations-focused Program Manager and an investment-focused Managing Director (MD). The PM’s focus is operations – executing on Techstars proven playbook and delivering the best possible experience for founders; the MD’s focus is investment – sourcing, recruiting and investing in the best companies. PMs are responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the program, including administrative duties, budget management and planning, program and mentor scheduling and the recruiting, hiring, training and management of the seasonally hired Associate team. Experience with logistics and event planning, as well as familiarity with the early stage venture-backed company ecosystem is preferred. During the ‘off-season’ (not running a program), PMs have the responsibilities/objectives to work across the global Techstars network to provide mentorship to other PMs, as well as training based on best practices. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Partner with Managing Director to develop the program plan, and then own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of the program.
– Ensure program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of the Techstars proven playbook and delivering the best possible experience.
– Own the overall logistics and programming of the program, including calendar management (mentors, speakers, and events).
– Develop and track quality, operational execution and customer success metrics.
– Manage relationships and coordinate scheduling of mentors, investors and corporate partners.
– Relationship management for Techstars’ local and global network program sponsors, including coordination with the Techstars Partnership team.
– Recruiting, hiring and management of program staff, including Associates.
– Share new best practices with the Techstars’ team globally as you identify areas for innovation and improvement.
– Engage with founders, mentors, and investors to ensure the successful execution of programs.
– Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
– Service the Techstars network overall on and off-season: mentor new PMs, assist in other programs, work on strategic initiatives, and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Techstars ecosystem.
– 5+ years of experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on business operations, project or program management
– Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital
– Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
– Experience in event planning and event logistics
– Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – we’re lean so we all have to roll up our sleeves!
Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
– History of delivering high quality customer satisfaction through CSAT and Net Promoter systems
– Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Techstars is excited to bring a Program Manager to the Techstars Atlanta Accelerator, in partnership with Cox Enterprises! If you’re interested, we’d love to have a conversation with you about the position.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs help founders do more faster and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands supercharge growth by accelerating innovation and cultural transformation. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,400 companies with a market cap of $15.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.techstars.com/jobs/8a78859f66f698020167098c18211d78/?gnk=job&gni=8a78859f66f698020167098c18211d78 →