Marketing and Revenue Lead for SAWA: the virtual graphic designer
**Where?** Ponce City Market, Atlanta
A Techstars Atlanta 2018 Company: SAWA – www.sawa.ai
1. Be a key team member (6 total members) at a growing marketing technology company with an excellent team culture
2. Capture the educational and relational benefits of participating at the Techstars Atlanta 2018 program (ranked the #2 startup program in the nation by Inc. magazine https://www.inc.com/will-yakowicz/the-15-best-startup-accelerators-in-the-us.html with an approx. 1-2% acceptance rate)
**Job Post Author:**
Francis Tao, Founder and CEO of SAWA
**The Product:** In 2012 I moved from San Francisco to Washington DC to join the marketing team at a global organization with 23 offices. My job was to act as air traffic controller for all creative design projects. The problem I encountered daily is that employees urgently needed beautiful designs to hit their goals, and our team never had enough capacity, or agility, to meet their needs. SAWA is a virtual graphic designer that learns a company’s brand and creates entire marketing campaigns instantly. The goal is not to replace designers, but protect the brands they create and save them from the tyranny of busy work.
**The Good News:** SAWA is ready to rock and roll with a fully functioning beta product that is serving paying companies such as Habitat for Humanity, Keller Williams Realty Franchisee, Cincinnati International Airport, and The Boy Scouts of America. We have just completed the OCEAN Accelerator http://www.oceanprograms.com/ program and have recently kicked off Techstars Atlanta https://hypepotamus.com/news/techstars-atlanta-announces-third-class/ which began on July 16. During our beta launch we used high-touch sales efforts to validate our business model closing 30 companies in 30 business days. Additionally, through user testing and feedback channels we have created clear target personas to test. SAWA is well prepared to dive into the next phase in our go-to-market strategy: product growth through low-touch funnel conversion and scalable promotions.
**The Challenge:** For the past year and a half, everyone on our team has understood their role and has fit together extremely well. We’ve become really good at developing a product that really wows the pants off people when they first see it in action, and we excel at communicating SAWA’s vision face to face. It has become clear at the outset of Techstars that we are in a season of overwhelming opportunity. The challenge will be to use the Techstars opportunities, network, and resources to sell in a scalable way, and use those learnings to inform us on marketing strategy, our ideal customer profile, and pricing.
**The Role and Responsibilities:** You will be responsible for driving revenue by attracting new customers to SAWA. You will be obsessed with finding creative and scrappy ways to get SAWA in front of our ideal customer profiles — optimizing a variety of digital marketing channels including contributed articles, content marketing, influencer marketing, social, search, display, and retargeting and will use testing, strong analytics skills, and a relentless focus on consumer behavior to develop high performance campaigns.
You will start by reviewing and improving our acquisition funnel with the support of our creative team. You will then optimize digital marketing performance to drive traffic, revenue, and acquisition for clearly defined markets and channels. With the help of our existing content library and market research, you will lead a digital content strategy to cater to target audience segments and execute creative and effective on-brand campaigns.
There is a flourishing ecosystem and network at your fingertips — you will have the opportunity to gain early traction by leveraging existing SAWA evangelists in the Techstars and OCEAN Accelerator network.
**A successful candidate will:**
– Be able to think beyond the PPC campaign, and seamlessly transition between traditional marketing tasks, list building, sales, and PR opportunities — your mindset is to drive revenue, with little regard for traditional job description constraints
– You view everything we do regarding revenue growth as a test, and you love converting the “test results” into improvements to our revenue and product strategy
– Have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching, and analyzing marketing campaigns, and a mastery of marketing concepts like CPA, CAC, ROI, and LTV
– Be customer focused, creatively leveraging customer success to create brand loyalty
– Have an eye for graphic design (or two eyes)
– Be data driven: you love to ask why and make decisions based on analytics
– Have a track record of delivering revenue impact
– Have deep experience with site analytics, Facebook Ads, Google AdWords
– (Bonus) Hubspot, Notion, Trello, Slack, Mailchimp
**To fit our team culture, you must:**
– Be humble: the prevailing culture of the team is coachable, collaborative, and self aware
– Have true grit: when things get truly hard and tedious, our team takes ownership of the outcome
**Position Reports To: Me (lucky you!)**
My background is in brand marketing and project management. I will be focused on supporting you in your growth efforts which is our organizational priority. My three other areas of responsibility will include: fundraising, product management, and evangelism. You will work closely with me to take a product that has historically had a high conversion rate during direct sales, and turn it into a well-executed digital plan for growing revenue.
**What You’ll Get:**
– Competitive salary
– Very early stock options
– Top floor office at Ponce City Market
– Early adoption to the future of ai powered graphic design
– A team and Techstars mentors that will sharpen your skills and genuinely care about you as a person
You can send resumes to me directly at Francis@sawa.ai. Cover letters optional. Simple, short 1 minute video introducing yourself can be helpful. Don’t worry about getting your resume wording perfect, just send what you have and let’s have a conversation. You’ll receive an idea on compensation after our first call. Thank you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com