Full Stack Developer for SAWA: the virtual graphic designer
**Where?** Ponce City Market, Atlanta
A Techstars Atlanta 2018 Company: SAWA – sawa.ai
1. Be a key team member (6 total members) at a growing marketing technology company with an excellent team culture
2. Capture the educational and relational benefits of participating at the Techstars Atlanta 2018 program with an approx. 1-2% acceptance rate
**Job Post Author:**
Francis Tao, Founder and CEO of SAWA
In 2012 I moved from San Francisco to Washington DC to join the marketing team at a global organization with 23 offices. My job was to act as air traffic controller for all creative design projects. The problem I encountered daily is that employees urgently needed beautiful designs to hit their goals, and our team never had enough capacity, or agility, to meet their needs. SAWA is a virtual graphic designer that learns a company’s brand and creates entire marketing campaigns instantly. The goal is not to replace designers, but protect the brands they create and save them from busy work.
**The Good News:**
SAWA is ready to rock and roll with a fully functioning beta product that is serving paying companies such as Habitat for Humanity, Keller Williams Realty Franchisee, Cincinnati International Airport, and The Boy Scouts of America. We have just completed the OCEAN Accelerator program and have recently kicked off Techstars Atlanta (https://hypepotamus.com/news/techstars-atlanta-announces-third-class/) which began on July 16. During our beta launch we used high-touch sales efforts to validate our business model closing 30 companies in 30 business days. On the product side, we have clean, reusable code with clear notes, positioning us for the next phase of our development.
For the past year and a half, we have punched above our weight, developing an inspired web application and marketing web presence with primarily one developer, and one designer. We’ve accomplished a product that really wows the pants off people when they first see it in action, without cutting corners on the technical side. But it has become clear at the outset of Techstars that we are in a season of overwhelming opportunity. Our developer is torn between R&D, adding features, and supporting go to market strategies. Plugging holes with part time contractors is only a temporary solution; eventually we need a second committed developer who understands the problem, believes in our vision, and who can be a long term problem solver and critical thinker on our tight-knit team.
**The Role and Responsibilities:**
You will be responsible for adding the features that have clearly been identified as priorities for our early customers, and supporting our Marketing and Revenue Lead (https://angel.co/sawa-2/jobs/409569-marketing-and-revenue-lead) as we test our way to a well-oiled go-to-market strategy. You will work collaboratively and with the support of our product team:
1) CEO (author): formerly a marketing traffic manager who spent years protecting developers and designers from scope creep and unrealistic or unclear expectations. #1 Strengths Finder: Strategic
2) Developer: full stack developer who is obsessed with scalability and avoiding technical debt, easy going and flexible. #1 Strengths Finder: Positivity
3) Designer: organized and clear — has already clearly sketched and documented our top four features in the roadmap. #1 Strength: Activator
**A successful candidate will:**
– Be able to think beyond code and think strategically about the end goal
– Take ownership of projects and proactively pursue technical advice from within the vast Techstars resources and mentors
– Have clear understanding and commitment to industry standard coding best practices with a passion for reusability and code clarity to collaborating developers
– Give realistic estimates for project tasks and communicate roadblocks/delays in advance
**To fit our team culture, you must:**
– Be humble: the prevailing culture of the team is coachable, collaborative, and self aware
– Have true grit: when things get truly hard and tedious, our team takes ownership of the outcome
**Position Reports To: Me (lucky you!), with a dotted line to our existing developer**
My background is in brand marketing and project management. I’ve heard it said once, “the secret to a happy marriage is to marry the right woman, and live a long time.” My management approach is not so different: hire a great person to begin with and take great care of them. I view my management role as primarily casting vision and working hard to remove barriers that impede my team. The feedback I’ve received over the years, both from current and past employees, is they’ve genuinely enjoyed working for me and I take a lot of pride in that.
**What You’ll Get:**
– Competitive salary
– Very early stock options
– Top floor office at Ponce City Market
– Early adoption to the future of ai powered graphic design
– Participation in the Techstars 2018 Technology Circle
– A team and Techstars mentors that will sharpen your skills and genuinely care about you as a person
You can send resumes to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com