New Story is growing quickly and fine-tuning our focus to best serve the 1B+ people without access to safe and adequate housing. The tech tools we build are used in 5 countries and our reach is rapidly expanding around the world.
You’ll notice this role is a nontraditional hybrid position that straddles UX, product management, and support. That’s because New Story is a small team where team members wear multiple hats during a given week. If you’re looking for a role where you’ll only focus on one UX area, this isn’t that role. We’re looking for someone who is detail oriented, empathic, and highly adaptable.
On a day to day basis you’ll work directly with our Head of Product and tech team to build products that are truly innovative and best in class. What are we building? We’re focused on building game-changing products for housing organizations and governments around the world. Why? TL;DR: We’re focused on a billion person problem and the status quo isn’t going to work. Our CEO says it best here.
YOU PROBABLY IDENTIFY WITH THE MAJORITY OF THESE:
- Empathy. Without prompting, you consistently put yourself in the shoes of the user and customer to understand their motivations, pains, and dreams.
- Humility. You’re not interested in your idea being the solution. Instead, you want the best idea/solution to win and you don’t care if it was from the customer, a teammate, or through inspiration.
- Problem Solver. When you see a problem you automatically start to break it down and think through solutions.
- Detail Oriented. You notice the smallest things and aren’t satisfied until they’re fixed.
- Curious. Questioning comes second nature to you because ultimately you strive to dig deep and understand the core why.
- Continuous Learner. You find yourself watching YouTube videos and reading articles about design thinking and user interviews. Your friends think you’re a little obsessed.
- Communication. You’re a great listener, tactful communicator, and always strive to understand the problem from all sides.
- Writing. You probably aren’t trying to write the next best seller, but you can effectively and concisely communicate complex thoughts in a simple manner.
- Simplicity. Complexity is easy, but you understand the best products and solutions are simple at their core.
- You really care. Most people see their job as just work, but you see yourself on a quest to master your craft.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Interview users to discover pain points and areas of opportunity
- Take new ideas from sketch to wireframe to rapid prototype
- Conduct usability testing to understand what’s working and what could be better
- Test new features thoroughly and proactively identify issues
- Organize and prioritize product issues into company backlog
- Create a knowledge base and document new features
- Assist new customers in finding success with our product
- Proficient in Spanish
- International Development Experience/Background
While our team is distributed between San Fransisco and Atlanta, our tech team resides in Atlanta, GA.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications accepted until October 22, 2018
If you missed it, the Letter from Our CTO captures the essence of the work we’re trying to accomplish (just replace code with product/UX). Start there.
If you feel like you’d be a good fit, carve out 20 minutes and apply here.
P.S. You may feel like an imposter, it’s common, we’ve been there. We’d encourage you to apply, don’t eliminate yourself.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNzQ20NHyyCqfANFAY-reKhpxOHM_8i6XNT5oRzd4FCTHWUQ/viewform?usp=send_form →