The Data Scientist will be joining an industry-leading R&D team with extensive academic and industry experience in building energy science and physical system based big-data. This team’s work will be the foundation for new algorithms used to help solve the world energy problem. Role Description
• Mine industrial-size data sets in various states of cleanliness for insights
• Create, refine, and verify statistical and machine learning algorithms within the R&D team
• Assist energy engineering and building science team in running energy and algorithmic models and interpreting the results
• Act as the liaison between the Software team and business stakeholders for software production of prototype methods
• Evaluate business and technology tradeoffs and report them in a manner that product and business teams can make decisions on final specifications
• Rapidly assess potential of algorithms to be applied to various problems and/or processes in order to estimate the anticipated level of effort as well as the define the metrics of success that could be used
• Understand object-oriented design patterns and appropriate usage of source control systems (e.g., Git, Mercurial, or Subversion) Role Competencies
• PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent field required
• Strong mathematical background with teachable knowledge of various analytic methodologies such as signal processing, time series analysis, model selection, model verification, optimization, neural networks, Bayesian, etc..3+ years of experience developing, testing, and evaluating algorithms including statistical and machine learning
• Experience working with large unstructured data sets
• Experience with using modern, cloud-based data storage and processing technology to develop and test algorithms. This includes MS Data Lake, AWS S3, HDFS, or similar
• Experience working with distributed platforms, such as Hadoop Map/Reduce or Spark, to increase velocity of testing on large data sets Proficient in large-scale database queries, with associated statistical analyses including the following areas: non-linear and multi-variate regressions, logistic regression, time series analyses, and probabilistic and classification models.
• Expert level knowledge of statistical tools (e.g., R, MatLab, etc.) and prototyping languages (e.g., Python, Java, C++, etc.) • Extensive hands-on experience with physical system based data analytics and visualization
• Ability to develop code that can leverage horizontal scalability
• Comfort with working in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment while maintaining strict customer data privacy requirements Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com