Want to dive into the startup and technology world feet first? Interested in meeting- and writing about- the movers and shakers transforming Atlanta into a world-class, entrepreneurial-driven city? Seeking to hone your editorial chops, see your byline in the top tech and startup news publication in the southeast, and work with a passionate, plugged-in, fun team? Hype is hiring a content and social media intern, and it could be you!
Our ideal candidate is a current student or recent college graduate with some journalism, writing, or communications experience. You know how many characters are in a tweet, can make conversation with just about anybody, and can manage working largely remotely while meeting deadlines.
Duties specifically include:
- Research, interviews, and reporting on startups, founders, entrepreneurs, job seekers, and executives
- Collaborating with editorial leadership to pitch and execute story ideas
- Attending events as a representative of Hype
- Social media duties including writing and scheduling posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Live tweeting at events and gathering and sharing “live” content on Facebook and Instagram
- Bonus points for photography, videography, and/or graphic design skills
This is a part-time position, approximately 5-10 hours per week. Interns are eligible to receive class credit. The position also provides countless opportunities to make connections and network in the flourishing technology and business sectors of Atlanta and the southeast.
To apply, send resume and 2 writing clips to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, only interested candidates will be contacted.