Simplifying Rentals, Optimizing Assets
We are seeking highly skilled Software Engineer who has an entrepreneurial spirit, is results oriented and interested in being the cornerstone of a new engineering department. We expect this will be a demanding role, however the engineer will have considerable influence on the development of new technologies, products, and features.
Yardz is a fast-growing construction technology company focused on the asset management space for contractors. We provide a Software-as-a-Service offering that allows construction firms to manage their rented equipment.
The position is based in Alpharetta, GA, though remote candidates are welcome to apply. The position is primarily work-from-home with occasional in-person meetings as appropriate. Full-stack experience is expected, though the role will primarily focus on the PHP to User portions of the stack and able to avoid most of the lower-level parts.
- Take ownership of products/features and assist in architectural planning, development, implementation, testing and long-term maintenance and support
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in the existing system and platforms
- Staying in tune with new trends and best practice for SaaS solutions
- Provide ongoing coaching, feedback, and development for the more junior members of the engineering team
- Prepare/maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools that are used by the team
- Manage the systems and environments that support the engineering process
- Support technical support to the customer success team
- Create product/feature technical documentation for a long-term knowledge repository
- 5+ years of software development experience in PHP
- 3+ years of software development experience with PHP 7.X
- Experience working as part of a software development team
- Proven experience in a Senior Software Engineering role
- Significant experience with Laravel, jQuery and CSS (Bootstrap 4.X)
- Experience with databases and object-relation mapping (ORM)
- Experience in building APIs and services using REST
- Experience developing to PSR-2 and PSR-12 standards
- MySQL query optimization, window functions and common expressions
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting attitude
- Ability to bring and learn new technologies to the product/team
- Ability to effectively plan and manage simultaneous projects, tasks, and initiatives
- Strong communication skills to explain technical concepts to business audiences and technical resources, including the ability to present comfortably to executives
- An interest and passion for growing and developing junior team members
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/ Engineering or a relevant field or adequate experience to make such degree irrelevant
Other Desirable Skills:
- Demonstrated attention to detail, “go-getter” attitude
- Knowledge of, or strong aptitude for quickly learning, business operations
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Vagrant, Apache, PHP-FPM and MySQL/MariaDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with SASS or LESS
- Experience with Git, JIRA, CI and associated engineering tools
- Understanding of the special issues of performing queries on large datasets
- Experience in developing ERPs, CRMs, BI or SCM systems
- Knowledge of Section 508 Accessibility standards (WCAG 2.x ADA compliance) and best practices
Extra Bonus Points:
- Understand how the construction industry works
- Yardz is based in Georgia, USA and operates under the Georgia employee rights and protections.
- Employees must be US citizens/permanent residents or appropriate work permits independent of Yardz. We are unable to sponsor VISA applicants at this time.
- This is a full-time, FLSA section 13(a)(1) exempt, salaried position reporting to the Chief Technology Officer
- The position is 90%+ remote and employee will be expected to provide a dedicated work space
- Employee is expected to be available between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM EST/EDT, Monday-Friday with remaining hours flexible. More than 40 hours in a week may be required.
- Full benefits are available after 90 days, which includes “unlimited” paid PTO
- Employee will be part of the emergency on-call rotation
- Employee will be eligible for profit-sharing/bonuses
- Compensation is targeted at a Lead Software Engineer role in the Atlanta Metro area
Sorry, no 3rd parties or C2C.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com