You can and should find a job you love
WOKEN UX/UI Designer (Part-Time Contract)
- Company Overview: WOKEN is a web-based platform to guide professionals through a step-by-step process of learning & reflection to clarify your ideal career path. From there, we guide a professional through upskilling decisions, improving personal branding, and efficiently job searching to land a role you’ll love.
- Mission: Waking up the world to remember you can and should find a job you love.
- Vision: Top-notch career support for every working professional at every step in your journey.
- Accolades: NSF I Corps Grant, NYU Venture Fellow, NYU InnoVention Competition Winner, $10K raised on iFundWomen; Bootstrapped.
- Core Values/Culture: We value practicing what we preach (do what you’re great at), transparency, direct/frequent/proactive communication, giving & receiving feedback, iterating processes to strengthen outcomes, scrappiness, balancing efficiency with quality, avoiding the myth of multitasking, prioritizing to help us focus, operations, systemization, and measuring impact.
- Learn More: www.iamwoken.com
Mission of the Position:
- Design the next version of our product/web platform
- Take various complex product layers, options for information architecture, use cases, and personas, and the future product vision, and simplify this into the next version of our product that is easy for users to navigate and effective for them to reach results
Expectations & Outcomes:
- Onboard (understand current platform and all flows that happen outside of the platform as well ie career success spreadsheet, job search spreadsheet, timeline google doc, sms and email flows, canned email templates)
- Finalize site map
- Finalize new product dashboard design (information architecture)
- Ensure all current functionality is represented, even if in a new way
- Major features from non-platform tools ie email templates/google docs/sheets are included somewhere so we can migrate off these supplemental documents as part of a comprehensive next product
- Client’s core abilities: Examples: Perform each activity, set goal dates, where/how they’ll access relevant resources, track 3 key metrics
- Coach’s core abilities: Examples: submit feedback to clients, review clients work, create a goal, release a new step
- Represent designs for core UX flows in between steps: ie how a client sees a new step released, how they submit a step for review, etc.
- Represent designs for any core new features/functionality (ie coach/client communication, coach creation of a goal)
- Highlight 1-2 specific activity screens (ie coach dashboard and one client screen ie research or networking) (not all)
- Do 1-2 rounds of pressure testing with current users / run user interviews to inform and iterate designs
UI refresh would entail this design starting from scratch rather than updating existing designs
Goal: good enough to show investors the next product iteration ; see deliverable context below
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Directly design the new product screens including UX and UI
- Be able to create the project plan, manage the project plan, lead the project entirely, and decide what steps need to happen when (ie user testing) to follow design best practices
- Work directly with the CEO/Founder, as well as our second career coach and our CTO
- Running user interviews with our clients, to gather, test, collaborate, and inform strategic designs
Future Evolution of the Role:
- Full-Time Product Designer
- Lead Product Designer
- Head of Product Design / CPO
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5-7 years experience with UX and UI for web-based products
- Have independently led the design and/or redesign of a novel web-based product
- Ideally has experience taking an existing web platform and improving upon it or redesigning the next version (ie consider what works, what doesn’t work as well, user feedback, etc) in order to inform next version
- Natural affinities and deep experience with UX, UI, and product design tools and processes
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and at many levels
- Only seeking a person who is a full time freelancer and does not hold a full time job nor are they seeking a full time job
How to Apply:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “UX/UI DESIGNER- Your Name” with your portfolio and resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com