Website VIVA Finance
Building an inclusive financial system
About VIVA Finance
VIVA Finance is a fintech company in the financial wellness space. Our mission is to create an inclusive financial system that works for all hard-working Americans. We partner with established employers to offer financial wellness benefits that help employees participate in the financial system and better their lives by improving their finances.
Founded in 2019, we are an early-stage start-up that is lean and growing quickly.
We’re focused on building our presence in the Southeast US market and have recently closed on a successful seed round of funding to propel us forward.
Your role in our mission
We’re looking for a motivated, high-quality Technical Director to guide our technology strategy to take us from our Pilot stage to being an established player. We have already built the foundation for our technology, but we are looking for someone who is able to help us build on top of what we have and really scale the business. This role is incredibly important in the growth of VIVA and helping us to create an inclusive financial system that works for hard-working Americans.
Who You Are
You are most likely to succeed in this role if you are:
· Courageous, and willing to take calculated risks.
· Socially responsible, and want to be a part of a business that will have a positive impact on society.
· Resilient and willing to commit to an exciting journey that comes with growing a business.
· Caring and focused on helping out each and every colleague and customer.
· A team player who wants to be a part of something special.
· Humble, and willing to use constructive criticism as a way to continuously improve.
· Organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet hard deadlines.
· You are passionate about social impact and want to help build a business that makes a difference for everyday people.
· You are willing to develop leadership skills that will be needed as you build out a team.
· You are degree educated (or equivalent) and have experience working on multiple technical buildouts.
· You are a player-coach and are willing to not only manage a team of developers, but also get your hands dirty and code when necessary.
· You are creative and can help to identify unique solutions to obstacles that may block your way.
· You are comfortable in new environments.
· You have the ability to work with all types of people at all levels of organizations in an office with a high-growth start-up mentality.
· You are excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
· You are a persuasive communicator and able to verbalize complex concepts to those with less technical backgrounds.
· You have 2+ years of experience as a full-stack developer.
· You are ready to roll up your sleeves and get involved with other areas of the business.
· You have experience in working for or working with employee benefits, financial services or innovative high growth companies.
· You have experience working with highly regulated industries.
· You have experience in delivering on established goals in a lean environment.
What You’ll Do
· Provide leadership in the development and growth of the technical team; cultivate a culture of focused hard work, collaboration, accountability and results through robust people development and performance accountability.
· Assist the executive team in designing, developing and implementing scalable best practice processes to maximize employer experience and employee utilization of VIVA’s benefits.
· Create a technology roadmap to help take VIVA from Pilot stage to an established player in the industry.
· Work on integrating the back-end of our platform with various complementary benefits providers.
· Manage any outsourced development done on behalf of VIVA.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive salary
· Equity participation
· Fast-growing environment
· Generous company benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k), a trust-based PTO policy and many other perks!
We’re looking for someone who wants to make a difference! We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that is passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is out to change the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Learn more at www.viva-finance.com or reach out to Jack Markwalter at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com