Website Virgin Pulse
Creating Workforce Habits That Matter
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management;all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
What we are building
We are focused on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application and are looking for a new engineer to join our team as a team lead.
As an Engineering Team Lead you will be the operations leader for a single engineering team who is interested in pursuing a management track. You focus on efficiency, long-term thinking and have a passion for technology
You’ll be working on a platform that serves:
- Several million engaged users.
- 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year.
- Native mobile clients with 100k+ consumer reviews with at 4.8+ star rating
Who you are
You are an ambassador of our core values that serve as a role model leading by example. You cultivate a culture of excellence across product delivery teams. In coordination with the Engineering Manager, you actively manage engineering activities of key components and initiatives owned by the team and creatively solve execution problems to meet project timelines. You are self-motivated with leadership qualities and interested in managing across multiple teams.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- Be an operations leader of a single engineering team
- Focus on operational efficiency and long-term thinking
- Work with engineering teams to plan upcoming projects, coordinate with operations, support and infrastructure teams to ensure smooth delivery
- Participate in Scrum team meetings to ensure work is consistently sequenced, digested and completed at a reasonable velocity
- Great communicator across product delivery team
- Create and cultivate high performing teams
- Attract and retain talent while improving overall team morale
- Serves as a role model who leads by example and a good ambassador of our core values
- Mentor and coach engineers in career development
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 5+ years’ experience in a software engineering role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Comprehensive analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An ability to contribute to a technical discussion, the openness to listen and learn from your peers, and desire to mentor other engineers.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If you may be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to principles of social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we make a particular effort to recruit and encourage candidates that are historically from underrepresented communities to apply for open positions.
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
*We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
* Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third part apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate.
*At no time during the interview process will we ask you for secure PII data unless you are offered a job with Virgin Pulse. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through our partnership with ADP.
To apply for this job please visit www.virginpulse.com.