Website Tyk Technologies Ltd
APi management platform
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.
Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible.
Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic.
Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year.
Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a technical pre-sales architect to join a fast growing software startup to help uncover, nurture, and build technical relationships in commercial accounts across North America. You’ll be working with the sales team to conduct client meetings, technical demonstrations, remote video calls, and other introductions to the Tyk platform. You will help gather technical requirements and build technical trust through concept validations, needs, questions, and customer interaction.
The ideal candidate will have a history of success in startup environments focused on a technical solution while displaying a proven ability to work as part of a team, build something where nothing exists, and instil instant technical trust and accountability with the customer, partner, and internal relationships.
- Evangelize all of the wonderful technological attributes with prospects, customers, and partners.
Work with the sales team to meet and exceed team sales quotas and OKR’s
- Gather, understand, and develop customer requirements for API Gateway & Management platform.
- Stay up to date and current with Tyk technology platform, future releases, roadmap initiatives, and market trends
- Assist the Sales team to manage new and existing client and partner relationship engagements to help drive pipeline, revenue, and customer satisfaction
- Set and manage customer/prospect expectations for their technical experience with the Tyk product portfolio
- Support POC’s and assist throughout a customer’s evaluation process
- Understand the Tyk code and how it applies to a customer’s requirements and use case
- Provide overviews, demos, concept introductions, and other technical components of the pre-sales process.
- Work with the engineering team to develop collateral, recommend improvements, guide customer journeys, and update Tyk public facing documentation
- Understand the competitive market landscape and how Tyk fits vs competition
- Experience working with open source technology
- Hands-on coding and engineering experience
- Developer background
- Curiosity, tinkering, and a problem solving can-do mindset and attitude
- Knowledge/mastery of Kubernetes, containers, Docker, Linux, GO, Java
- Ability to switch context from technical to business and back to technical during a conversation with a prospect
- Proven Solutions Architecture/Engineering and customer management experience, preferably in Technology Sales
- History of handling technical questions, new demos, customer interactions, and all customer communication
- Ability to present proposals and articulate core technical value proposition
- Proven track record of quota achievement and working with sales, product, and marketing teams
- Familiarity with application development processes, concepts, terminology, and frameworks.
- Background in CI/CD, containers, or other microservices focused platforms
- Solid digital background with understanding and hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our Atlanta office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.