Website The Sketch Effect
Visual Communications Company
Do you love animation and bringing ideas to life through amazing visual storytelling? Are you fired up by storyboards, sequences, characters, transitions, and narratives? Do you like to cast a bold creative vision and then see that vision come to life?
Then we want you to be our Animation Director!
The Animation Director is the leader over all creative aspects of the Sketch Effect business related to the Video Animation service, overseeing Sketch Effect Whiteboard, 2-D and Motion Graphics videos.
The Animation Director will work with the CEO to cast vision around the Sketch Effect brand direction and shape the house style and products for Sketch Effect Video. The Animation Director is the final gatekeeper for product quality, ensuring all final client work is up to Sketch Effect standards. They will be engaged at every step of the production and must possess a deep understanding of the animation process and a range of expertise and experience. They not only vet final work for quality but teach and train full-time and contractors to be proactive about vetting for quality throughout the process. In this way, they lead others to lead themselves.
The Animation Director will also work closely with COO to refine creative processes, optimize for efficiency, and ensure the experience of working on Sketch Effect projects are enjoyable and fulfilling for creative team-members. They will proactively seek out new and better ways of working and implement changes deliberately.
The Animation Director will also manage creative team members. All in-house creative team-members and outside contractors will report to the Animation Director, and it is the Animation Director’s job to ensure they are equipped, inspired, and coached.
- Set animation strategy and processes
- Drive experimentation, innovation, and product development
- Manage creative team members (in-house and contract)
- Coach, develop, and train creative team members (in-house and contract)
- Lead Project Kickoff Calls
- Shape the art direction and story for video projects (mood boards, style samplers, etc.)
- Create concepts for top tier video clients
- Provide deliverable feedback throughout the entirety of the 5-step video process, ensuring deliverables meet Sketch Effect quality standards
- Work closely with Sketch Effect Project Coordinator to clarify and trouble shoot client questions and find solutions
- Facilitate creative brainstorming sessions, pre-project huddles, dailies, debriefs, drawing sessions and other internal meetings
- Assist in the vetting and hiring of future creative talent
- Serve on the Sketch Effect Strategic Team (after 90-day contingency period)
Skills and Attributes:
- Depth of understanding of animation and all aspects of the process
- Management ability
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- High degree of organizational skill
- Outgoing, professional and likeable
- Excellent client communication skills (in-person, on the phone, and written)
- Enthusiastic and energetic team player
- Future focused with a growth mindset
- 4+ years of direct experience in animation (ideally with an animation studio or agency)
- College degree
- Salaried employee to fulfill responsibilities within 40-45 hours per week
- In-office 3 days a week, remote 2 days a week
Compensation and Benefits:
- Report Directly to Sketch Effect CEO
- Annual base salary commensurate with experience + variable EOY performance bonus
- Development budget
- 10 days paid vacation + 4 days paid personal leave
- Health Insurance Benefits
- 401K Benefits
- Free parking at The Sketch Effect’s office in Midtown Atlanta
To apply for this job please visit thesketcheffect.com.