A virtual assistant for every K-12 teacher and school.
TARA Education Technologies
Founded in 2019, TARA is an education SaaS startup with the mission of putting teachers at the center of education’s tech-fueled future in a rapidly changing world.
The future is uncertain. Economic inequality, climate change, and the continued disruptions in technology are just a few of the many challenges that will ultimately reshape our world in the 21st century. For us to not only survive, but thrive, it is critical that we improve our education system’s ability to prepare students to be adaptive, creative, and empowered to lead us – and education systems depend on teachers.
Unfortunately, the teaching profession is in trouble. In the US, 48 out of 50 states are reporting teacher shortages – a reality that was true even prior to the pandemic. Worldwide, it is estimated that we will need 69 million more teachers by 2030. More teachers are leaving the profession than are joining it. And the #1 reason teachers are leaving is due to a lack of support.
It is estimated that the average teacher has 400-600 hours of additional work per year outside of their time at school. 92% of teachers report bringing work home. In any other profession, this amount of extra work would typically lead to bringing in part-time support. In education, we call that support a “teacher’s assistant” – which is exactly what we are building.
TARA is a SaaS assistant for K-12 educators and schools that streamlines the teacher workflow in order to maximize teacher talent, time, and satisfaction. By providing auto-curated open-source resources and tools that are organized to be teacher-ready and delivered when teachers need them, TARA aims to significantly reduce the administrative burdens of teaching while improving overall efficiency and performance.
Our Core Values
Teachers come first…because the future of education depends on them.
Bolder is always better…because playing it safe never leads to breakthroughs.
Simplicity is the point…because the best solutions streamline chaos into flow.
Go the extra mile…because teachers always do.
What Working at TARA is like:
Well, right now there are only 2 of us full-time (along with a handful of contractors here/overseas), so it’s pretty intimate and high impact! We currently work remotely, but are technically based in Atlanta with aspirations of having some sort of physical space in the next 12 months (likely co-working space or small office).
We have a live product with paying customers and a clear vision for the next 24 months that includes a significant push for growth in the next twelve.
We use Slack, try to keep video chats to ‘only when necessary’, and care about each other’s time. If you need to hit the gym or run an errand in the middle of the day, go for it. There is not a formal vacation/PTO limit, you can do what you need or want to do – we focus more on communicating ahead of time if you want to take multiple days or even a couple of weeks off so the team is prepared for your absence.
When we order TARA gear, we always get the super soft stuff. We like to joke about pivoting the business into completely unrelated things (e.g. TARA Space, TARA the Restaurant, TARA the Band, etc.) – but obviously never do. And we often dive into things we’ve never done before knowing that we can probably figure it out. We believe in setting goals, working together on possible ways to achieve them, and then getting out of the way of whoever is owner of the project in question – until we come back together to see what the data tells us.
But most of all, we push ourselves to constantly think boldly because that is what inspires us and what education needs. Life is too short not to swing for the fences.
The Role & Opportunity
As a business, TARA is getting ready to take-off and we are looking for someone to help us bring TARA to the masses. We have had some early successes in content marketing and are focused on building a hyper-effective digital marketing funnel that expands our business and aligns to our values.
We’re looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to help craft and execute TARA’s marketing strategy, including developing content and executing marketing campaigns. You’ll use your creativity and marketing prowess to generate lead gen and brand awareness through content marketing, social media engagement, PR outreach, community management, campaign creation, and website SEM/PPC optimization.
As the Growth Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the Founder to create and implement an overall marketing strategy
- Lead on creating, implementing, measuring, and refining our digital marketing strategy with support from the rest of the startup team
- Help to define and refine the brand of a forward-looking tech product with the potential for global reach and impact
- Be a part of a hardworking and dedicated team that goes the extra mile for each other
- Grow into a senior leadership role as one of the first employees of a tech startup with the near-term focus and long-term aim of becoming the next EdTech unicorn
The Qualifications & Characteristics We Look For
This list is not meant to be exhaustive or prescriptive – if you do not have one of these qualifications, but are passionate about what we are doing and believe you can be successful, apply!
- Demonstrated experience and success creating/leading digital marketing campaigns
- Experience working as a teacher or in a school setting
- Confidence in segmenting audiences and designing/implementing a variety of digital marketing strategies with a specific emphasis on SEO & social media marketing
- Strong communication skills & an eye for visual design
- An ‘all hands on deck’ work ethic
- Strong level of self-awareness and a belief in continuous improvement
TARA Could be a Great Fit if you:
- Enjoy challenging assumptions and the status quo
- Thrive in situations with “positive tension” and where the best solution wins
- Believe in the universality of teaching and its fundamental importance to the future of our communities and the world
- Have ambitions to grow professionally and achieve success at great scale – while recognizing that humility and learning through failure are critical strengths required to get there.
- Believe in an “ownership” mindset where you are confident with both responsibility and accountability
- You are looking for something to really dive deep into
$60,000 – $80,000 annual salary
$350/mo in healthcare reimbursement
Equity options in the company
(We recently closed a pre-seed round and aim to raise a full seed round in the next 12 months)
TARA is an equal opportunity employer
TARA is committed to diversity and inclusion. We recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs and are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.