Surthrive is a marketing consultancy that thrives at the intersection of social impact and innovation. We work with social enterprises and tech-enabled businesses to develop strategies and processes that increase their capacity to scale. As a trusted partner to social innovators, we are looking to grow our team of passionate changemakers who believe entrepreneurship and innovation are a tool to uplift our community.
As the Communications Specialist you will be responsible for delivering clear, concise, and compelling messaging to our internal and external network of partners, stakeholders, and business owners through various mediums to grow Surthrive’s brand as an industry leading service provider.
A successful candidate should have a love for writing, know how to convey compelling stories in various formats, and be passionate about entrepreneurship and social innovation.
The Communications Specialist will serve as the voice of Surthrive ensuring each stakeholder receives personalized messages that build relationships. This role is responsible for managing and publishing blog posts, press releases, newsletters, social media content, website copy, case studies, and testimonials.
- Create, write and proof-read content for external and internal communications, including websites, newsletters, print materials, events, email marketing, social media, and videos.
- Develop a content calendar to manage, schedule, and publish original writing, visual, and audio content across various channels
- Work cross-functionally with team to develop and design marketing collateral
- Work with new and existing community partners to publish and distribute press releases
- Work with previous clients to develop compelling case studies and testimonials
- Gather data & deliver engagement reports across all external communication efforts
- Support marketing and promotional campaigns for new and existing programs
- Excellent in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in content management systems such as WordPress
- Proficient in email provider softwares such as Mailchimp
- Preferably proficient with design software such as the Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Experience in developing and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice
- Proven attention to detail and organization through prior work experience
- Align with our values – Be Humble, Be Resourceful, Show Love, Stay Hungry
- Have an entrepreneurial-mindset and be people-oriented
- Part-Time (Contractor)
- Remote (Virtual)
- 10 – 15 Hours/per Week
To apply for this job please visit forms.monday.com.