Startup Genome is looking for a part-time Growth Marketer, who will conceptualize and deliver effective marketing campaigns and manage PR. This is a cross-functional role in which the selected candidate will work closely with Startup Genome’s Research, Sales and Data Science teams to create and launch initiatives aimed at increasing brand visibility, report popularity, website traffic, and social and newsletter audience building.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Developing and executing marketing campaigns to drive traffic to digital channels
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs
- Identifying, developing & optimizing growth channels via growth hacking
- Providing inputs & expertise to drive the effectiveness of marketing activities (content development and optimization, advertising etc.)
- Analysing marketing data and user feedback (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Leading PR campaigns of report launches and new client acquisition
- Managing and maintaining the company social media channels, website, and newsletter
- Working closely with other teams to share ideas, feedback & present results
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
- Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities
- Prior experience in a similar role, quickly scaling a global audience
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to leverage data, metric, analytics and trends to generate creative ideas.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Fluent in writing and editing in English
- Outstanding communication skills
- Position: Growth Hacking Marketer; Part-time
- Location: Remote, with preference for Georgia, USA, New Delhi, India or Berlin, Germany
- Compensation: Based on experience, skills and location
- Report to: Tricia Whitlock, Chief Operations Officer, Startup Genome
ABOUT STARTUP GENOME
In a technology-fueled global economy, Startup Genome’s mission is to support forward-looking regions to catalyze their startup ecosystems. Our impact is rooted in over a decade of independent research with data on over a million companies across 250 cities. Working side-by-side with more than 300 partner organizations and global thought leaders, our frameworks have become instrumental in helping our Government customers build foundations for startups to grow. Our efforts earned us the Research Champions award at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress 2019. Now, our focus is to help develop ecosystems through data-driven strategies.
We at Startup Genome produce the Global Startup Ecosystem Report (released June 2020 at The Next Web Conference 2020) and Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2019, 2018, 2017, 2015 and 2012, as well as multiple regional reports, and an upcoming sub-sector series (kicked off in Fall of 2020 with a FinTech specific report).
We produce by far, the most widely-read research on global startup ecosystems, and have reached millions of global investors, entrepreneurs and government leaders. Startup Genome has been quoted in the Harvard Business Review, Bloomberg, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Economist, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org