At Surthrive, we are firm believers in “inclusive innovation” and believe everyone with an idea should have equal access to information, resources, and opportunity to build the next successful technology company regardless of their geographical location or socioeconomic backgrounds.
This 10-week virtual program trains and supports first-time founders on their path to product market fit by helping them validate their ideas, gain traction and hurdle costly mistakes to avoid falling victim of the “90% of startups fail” statistic and enter into the 10% of startups that excel statistic.
As Program Manager you will lead the operations for Square One Startup School, fully engaging each amazing batch of startup founders by ensuring that they are equipped with the tools, resources, and community needed to successfully complete our 10-week virtual program.
The Program Manager will utilize her/his leadership management skills and passion for innovation to execute Square One Startup School’s proven playbook and deliver the most valuable and interactive experience for founders and mentors as possible.
The Program Manager will serve as the direct point of contact ensuring each founder meets program objectives. This role is responsible for managing weekly program operations, scheduling & vetting mentors, advisors and speakers, being an advocate to community partners, and actively tracking and documenting progress of founders to continuously improve their experience.
- Manage external communications with prospective and selected companies, corporate partners, mentors, and program speakers
- Support company selection through pipeline management, application reviews, and material preparation
- Coordinate the scheduling of mentors, advisors, and founders
Track progress through surveys and 1-on-1 check-in’s with founders
- Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Engage with Square One founders and plan activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
- Promote Square One products including memberships, online course, and podcast.
- Represent the Square One brand in the local community, both actively and passively
- Excellent organization skills
- 2-3 years of experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on event management, business operations, project or program management
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Preferred background in non-profit and/or diversity & inclusion
- Moderate social media and marketing experience
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Align with our values – Be Humble, Show Love, Think Different, Stay Hungry
- Have an entrepreneurial-mindset and be people-oriented
- Attend mandatory internal meetings and every program session
- Remote (Virtual)
- Hourly (10 Hours/per Week)
- % of Tuition Fees & Product Sales
Email email@example.com for any additional questions.
To apply for this job please visit squareoneschool.com.