Sora Schools is looking for a business development manager with experience in developing and systemizing growth tactics to join our team to build our outbound lead generation engine and process. This role will involve identifying new methods and channels of reaching prospective customers and scaling efforts and resources as needed. As the first hire in this function, you will also help shape the future of our student body and ultimately Sora.
This is a rare opportunity to join a young, growing team of an innovative virtual high school at a critical stage in the organization’s growth. Beyond that, we have a unique product offering that amazes the prospective families we speak to around the world. Parents and students at Sora LOVE our school, which makes selling Sora really fun. Our team is composed of hard-working individuals with a culture of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration.
If you want to be a part of that, you can join Sora.
About Your Role
– Identify, create, and lead the sales team in an innovative outbound lead generation strategy to drive growth in our admissions pipeline
– Ideate new channels and ways to reach prospective parents/students
– Execute said strategy, define outbound growth activities, and scale efforts (activities, initiatives, hires) as needed
– Advise current leadership on building systems and processes, owning and administering outbound growth tech stack and revenue tracking
– Measure and track lead generation performance across various channels
Who You Are
– Enjoy experimentation, coming up with innovative ideas for outbound growth tactics, and know how to execute, track, and pivot
– Have at least 3 years of business development or related experience
– Have at least 2 years of strategic business development team management or related experience
– Have experience working in a fast-growing early stage company and scaling efforts and a team
– Think outside of the box
– Are comfortable working with set KPI’s and consistent reporting
– Are data-focused, analytical, and emphasize consistently pivoting strategy to what data is showing
– Are comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, small team environment where you’ll be setting high level strategy while also doing hands-on implementation, wearing many hats
– Are passionate about innovative education
– Have experience with outbound growth/prospecting tooling like PersistIQ, Outreach, MeetAlfred, Phantombuster, Hubspot, etc.
– Have experience working in the education or edtech industries
We are currently only accepting applicants located in the United States.
Sora is a no-compromises approach to building the best high school in the world.
The US education system is broken, and we’re building the team to fix that. Our mission is simple: build *the* replacement to the broken US high school education system.
Most schools continue to do the same things they’ve always done: make students memorize content, test them, score them, and rank them. What’s happening? Students are losing their creativity, motivation, and are utterly unprepared to succeed in the real world.
In our program, students work on passion-based projects that they get to create and take wherever they wish. They don’t attend lecture-based classes or read old textbooks—they’re building video games, writing fantasy novels, conducting scientific research, and more! We connect them with industry mentors to expose them to new careers and fields of study. Students learn not only the full breadth of academic subjects but also important soft skills and subjects such as financial literacy, philosophy, and more. Our school is organized in small, tight-knit cohorts so every group of students and faculty can feel close and engaged in their community.
We’ve embarked on our journey to accelerate students toward their wildest dreams. We can’t wait for you to join us! 🚀
To apply, please send your resume and a note about yourself to email@example.com. Please answer the following questions:
1. Why do you believe that you are a good fit for this position?
2. Why are you passionate about Sora’s mission to improve and, eventually, replace the high school education system?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org