Sora Schools seeks a driven, self-starting, and thoughtful individual to join the admissions team at Sora. This is a rare opportunity to join a young, growing team of an innovative virtual high school at a critical stage in the organization’s growth.
Beyond that, we have a unique product offering that amazes the prospective families we speak to around the world. Parents and students at Sora LOVE our school, which makes selling Sora really fun. Our team is composed of hard-working individuals with a culture of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration.
If you want to be a part of that, you can join Sora.
About Your Role
- Follow up and coordinate with prospective families over email and phone in the admissions processesKeep detailed and accurate notes of all admissions-related activities in Hubspot
- Build pipeline for admissions and drive conversation
- Engage prospective parents live through our website and over the phone
- Engage in lead generation activities to find and contact potential prospective families
- Collaborate regularly with the admissions team to enroll prospective families
- Work closely with the admissions and marketing teams to continually refine and improve Sora’s messaging and positioning on marketing materials and initiatives based on prospective family feedback
Who You Are
- Worked 1 to 2 years in an outbound sales development representative position
- Are familiar with tools like Hubspot, LinkedIn Navigator, and similar software
- Have exceptional written, speaking, and listening skills
- Are determined and empathetic in understanding customer needs and perspectives
- Are self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Have good organization skills
- Are comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, small team environment
- Are passionate about innovative education
- Experience working in education or edtech industries
- Experience working in a high-growth early stage company
We are currently only accepting applicants located in the United States.
Sora is a no-compromises approach to building the best high school in the world.
The US education system is broken, and we’re building the team to fix that. Our mission is simple: build the replacement to the broken US high school education system.
Most schools continue to do the same things they’ve always done: make students memorize content, test them, score them, and rank them. What’s happening? Students are losing their creativity, motivation, and are utterly unprepared to succeed in the real world.
In our program, students work on passion-based projects that they get to create and take wherever they wish. They don’t attend lecture-based classes or read old textbooks—they’re building video games, writing fantasy novels, conducting scientific research, and more! We connect them with industry mentors to expose them to new careers and fields of study. Students learn not only the full breadth of academic subjects but also important soft skills and subjects such as financial literacy, philosophy, and more. Our school is organized in small, tight-knit cohorts so every group of students and faculty can feel close and engaged in their community.
We’ve embarked on our journey to accelerate students toward their wildest dreams. We can’t wait for you to join us! 🚀
To apply, please send your resume and a note about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please answer the following questions:
- Tell us about an impactful experience with education, formal or otherwise. This could be as a teacher/mentor, or as a student.
- Why are you passionate about Sora’s mission to improve and, eventually, replace the high school education system?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com