Sora Schools seeks a driven, methodical, and self-starting individual to lead growth efforts to build a powerful demand generation engine and reach new audiences. This is a rare opportunity to join a young, growing team of an innovative high school at a critical stage in the organization’s growth and to bring a new product to the mass market. The successful candidate possesses a drive to constantly experiment and test novel marketing activities and channels. This person is results-oriented and works collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions
Below are some of the tasks required of this position:
- Manage current marketing efforts along with paid media, Sora parent community engagement, email marketing, social media channels, and content marketing
- Improve on-site conversion via landing pages, sign-up flow, and A/B testing, and investigate all areas of our online marketing efforts to determine opportunities for impact and growth
- Plan, implement, and lead paid campaigns across varying channels, including SEO/SEM, paid social, and beyond
- Create and execute novel marketing strategy that advances a range of marketing and sales objectives from brand awareness to lead generation
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research methods along with rigorous A/B testing to arrive at a strong hypothesis that will advance the business. Attribution and marketing mix optimization for key segments will be critical
- Drive performance through results-driven and tried and tested as well as experimental approaches; monitor and analyze performance against marketing goals and over past performance
- Continually make and implement recommendations for optimization and ongoing growth, additional investment in time and money in line with strategic direction
- You are willing to spend a small portion of your time mentoring high school students at Sora and sharing your craft
- Have 4 to 6 years of marketing experience across consumer products
- Have exceptional communication, prioritization, and time management skills
- Have strong writing and graphic design abilities
- Strongly motivated by results, and possess the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly-fluid environment
- Are comfortable being versatile and wearing different hats as the role and team evolve
- Successfully built, measured, and implemented novel growth channels at previous role
- Data-driven decision making within imperfect or incomplete information environments
- Familiarity with CRM & CMS platform for email marketing (e.g. Hubspot), lead nurturing, and content management
- Possess knowledge of and experience with paid platforms (e.g. Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords, Google Tag Manager)
- Preferred: deep interest in the field of education, particularly in K-12
We are currently only accepting applicants located in the United States. Be on the lookout for international positions coming soon!
To apply, please send your resume and a bit about yourself to email@example.com. Your email should answer the following questions:
- Tell us about an impactful experience with education, formal or otherwise. This could be as a teacher/mentor, or as a student.
- Why are you passionate about Sora’s mission to improve and, eventually, replace the high school education system?
To apply for this job please visit soraschools.com.