You will be one of the founding engineers at Sora, joining a team of 5. While Sora is mostly a school that has live, online experiences, your role is to work with our product and UX team to craft what online async learning could look like for our students. While you will be primarily focused on front end development in React, you will also own a part of this product and drive its development. As a foundational role, this is an opportunity to craft Sora’s engineering culture and future roadmap.
What We’re Looking for
- Software is your craft, and you care deeply about crafting great experiences
- While front-end is your specialty, you enjoy building end-to-end features and are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary
- You have designed, built, and maintained production services
- You are willing to put student experience and feedback first, ahead of the product or cool features
- You are willing to have your work reviewed by students, on a weekly basis in our Roadmap meetings
- You are willing to spend a small portion of your time mentoring students and sharing your craft
- You are excited about working on a small product team and helping us set the long term vision for our engineering organization and roadmap
- Currently, we do not plan to hire a product manager, so you are comfortable taking that in your own hands, and driving/owning the development of the product
Suggested Industry Experience:
- React.js – 3 years
- HTML/CSS – 4 years
- Node.js – 2 years
- Postgresql – 2 years
- A passion for innovative education
- Experience building educational platforms
- Experience working with student and faculty stakeholders
- Leadership experience
We are currently only accepting applicants located in the United States. Be on the lookout for international positions coming soon!
To apply please send your resume and a bit about yourself to email@example.com that answers the following questions:
- Tell us about an impactful experience with education, formal or otherwise. This could be as a teacher/mentor, or as a student.
- Why are you passionate about Sora’s mission to improve and, eventually, replace the high school education system?
To apply for this job please visit soraschools.com.