Our firm specializes in placing top IT & Software Professionals
I am currently recruiting for a Lead Java Developer in Providence, RI. If interested, please forward me a copy of your recent resume and the best time to contact you. You can find the job details below.
***MUST BE LOCAL TO THE Providence RI *** Or within driving distance for a in person interview
***MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN U.S. WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP***
Title: Lead Applications Developer (Java)
Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday (flexible)
Salary: Up to $130K
On site in Providence, RI
Provides guidance on modern architecture and coding standards for delivering quality software. Contributes to refinement of development standards, practices and processes. Provides advanced application development services.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
– Guides and mentors’ developers on the team, ensuring they are meeting coding standards and delivering quality software. Provides performance feedback.
– Helps developers and QA estimate story points accurately.
– Works with product managers to confirm that user stories are complete and development can start on the issues in the upcoming sprint.
– Provide accurate estimates for user story completion
– Builds quality software that conforms to engineering best practices, including writing well-documented, easily readable code
– Communicates with team members well, specifically to understand requirements and to deliver software that meets those needs
– Utilizes common software development design patterns and APIs to reduce development time and promote code reusability.
– Has worked in a test-driven design environment, or fully understands the benefits of doing so.
– Reviews the code of the other developers on the team, assessing it for compliance with standards and issues with scalability.
– Stays abreast of emerging technologies, and recommends new technologies for implementation, where appropriate.
– Provides education to other members of the team
– Acts as key solutions designer in development of software offerings
– Participates as a full member of the team
Takes part in all team activities, helps with fixing bugs, troubleshooting issues, deploying software, and other tasks to support the team and meet company goals.
– A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
– A minimum of 7 years’ experience programming and coding, successfully translating business and user needs into logical coding solutions.
– Must have 2-3 years experience leading a team of developers in an Agile environment.
– Must have experience building service oriented architecture environments, or microservice environments from inception to completion.
– Understands and has implemented continuous integration or continuous delivery pipelines.
– Extensive knowledge and application of software engineering best practices and coding standards.
– Proficiency in Java development
Medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
Company paid life (2x annual salary) and long-term disability insurance
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account for Medical Expenses
Flexible Spending Account for Dependent Daycare Expenses
401K Retirement Plan w/ 50% employer match up to 6% contribution
Vacation and Sick/Personal Time- This starts at 120 hours annual for vacation and 40 hours annual for sick/personal.
Eleven (11) paid Holidays per calendar year
Paid Bereavement leave
Employee Assistance Program
Free Monthly 30-minute massage
Financial and Legal Consultant services
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com