Founded in 2010, ShootProof is a user-friendly, technology-enabled platform that allows photographers to share and sell their work commission-free. ShootProof is a one-stop-shop for photographers around the world, offering a suite of professional tools to address all of their business needs, including online photo proofing, customizable password-protected galleries, mobile apps, invoicing, contracts, credit card processing (payment facilitator) and printing through its extensive network of partner labs. Tens of thousands of photographers in 38 countries use ShootProof’s galleries and services, which are available in 18 languages. ShootProof’s vision is to become the global leading SaaS platform for photographers to run successful and sustainable businesses. In December 2018, ShootProof secured a strategic investment from Providence Strategic Growth (PSG), the growth equity affiliate of Providence Equity Partners, a global private equity firm with more than $50 billion in assets under management, to drive continued expansion of ShootProof’s business and vision. PSG focuses on growth equity investments in lower middle market software and technology-enabled service companies, primarily in North America.
ShootProof is seeking a Senior Back-end Engineer to join our growing team based in Atlanta. You will be play a key role in implementing new web applications and maintaining existing ones.
The ideal candidate is excited about working on cutting-edge services and building products that are used by millions of users, has the skills to write maintainable code, and is passionate about working on products that extend beyond the desktop to touch interfaces.
As a Senior Back-end Engineer, you will:
- Work within a cross-functional Scrum team of user experience designers, visual designers, engineers, and QA engineers to deliver complete, working software
- Participate in regular Scrum events, such as daily Scrum, retrospectives, sprint planning, and backlog refinement
- Implement performant, scalable solutions using PHP, Amazon Web Services, and other appropriate technologies
- Design and maintain data models in a relational database to support new features and enhancements to existing features
- Design and implement RESTful API endpoints for consumption by a variety of client applications
- Collaborate with other senior-level developers to plan an architecture that is both modular and reusable at an appropriate level
- Contribute to discussions and efforts around coding standards and internal best practices as the team’s needs evolve
- Triage production issues at times, then design and optimize back end implementations as needed
Experience and Requirements
Our Senior Back-end Engineer will have:
- Three years of experience as a senior-level engineer
- At least seven years of deep experience with one or more back end programming languages, such as PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Strong experience with relational databases, including schema design and writing complex queries
- A proven track record of implementing complex web applications with successful delivery and deployment
- Working knowledge of or experience writing unit tests
- Experience with considerations that arise in highly-trafficked web environments, such as database query optimization, use of caching and content delivery networks, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or similar
- Experience using version control software
- Experience with peer code review practices, such as use of GitHub pull requests
- Experience working with issue and task management software, such as Atlassian Jira or similar
- The ability to pay attention to detail and the highest standards of execution
- A proven, demonstrable ability to manage your time, deliver on your commitments, and hold yourself accountable
Compensation, Benefits and Culture
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, and 401K with 4% company match, and twice-weekly company-wide lunches
- A culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance including a flexible PTO plan and annual vacation stipend
Our Senior Back-end Engineer will also be a forward-thinker, a team player, and will live near Atlanta, GA or be willing to relocate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com