Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Constituent Analytics team in Advancement and Alumni Engagement provides leadership in reporting for the Engagement, Communications, and Marketing department. The team provides impact reporting and data tracking around communications, events, solicitation, and stewardship. Proactively examining all data sources to identify leading indicators of risk and untapped areas of opportunity, they identify patterns through data modeling that will enhance operational strategy. The Senior Associate Director will focus on digital marketing analysis and workflows in Salesforce Marketing Cloud that will execute and monitor personalized communication strategies and report to the Director of Constituent Analytics.
- Collects, visualizes, and analyzes data to determine the efficacy of external communications, solicitations, events, and stewardship touchpoint.
- Segments data and models ideas to improve outcomes.
- Mines data, predictive modeling, and other statistical analysis techniques to measure program effectiveness.
- Develops recommendations based on data to enhance strategic fundraising decisions and process improvements.
- Generates reports and data dashboards to illustrate performance for constituent giving and engagement efforts.
- Stays abreast of latest trends in analytics and reporting technologies.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in higher education, advancement/development, fundraising or equivalent experience with a non-profit institution.
- Cover Letter Required for Consideration
- Successful candidates will have experience as a marketing data analyst leveraging various technologies including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics.
- Experience developing data models using advanced level Microsoft SQL Server, PL-SQL, CRM systems, Tableau, Power BI, Domo, Advizor and Einstein Analytics.
- Strong understanding of database concepts and hands-on SQL programming.
- Marketing Cloud Certification.
- Ability to translate marketing strategy and business needs into the proper development of data extensions required for email campaigns using various filtering techniques and SQL queries.
- Experience with direct marketing, email and social media strategy, advertising, and customer profiling.
- Leveraging AMPscript for dynamic content and maximizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud email tracking and reporting.
- Possess exceptional analytical, verbal and written communication skills, social content, and/or channel experience; proficiency with social listening, measurement and testing.
- An aptitude in mastering new software, applications, and databases.
- Strong interpersonal, quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills with attention to detail, the ability to work with ambiguity, and navigate a complex work environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to achieve goals, with a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
The role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with the intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
To apply for this job please visit staff-emory.icims.com.