Website Second Helpings Atlanta
Driving Out Hunger, One Mile at a Time
Second Helpings Atlanta (SHA) is a nonprofit food rescue & hunger reduction organization whose mission is to reduce food insecurity and food waste in the Metro Atlanta area. SHA serves as the link between a network of food donors who supply food and partner agencies who feed the hungry on a daily basis. Learn more about our work at https://secondhelpingsatlanta.org/.
At Second Helpings Atlanta we value collaboration, curiosity, kindness, and impact. We are a small but mighty team that is resourceful and creative. We foster a culture where our team believes the best in others, helps each other and our community even when we don’t have to, and feels energized to solve problems (and has fun while doing it!).
The Technology & Data Coordinator position is part of SHA’s operations team and reports to the Operations & Data Manager. Primary responsibilities of this role include coordination of technology projects and entry and analysis of data. This individual will also be responsible for making updates to our systems to enable greater efficiency and user experience which could include light development work. This is a technical project management role that requires both technical skills and project management skills.
This position will primarily involve computer-based work. However, some physical tasks, including handling and moving food and operating warehouse equipment, as well as working with our partners and volunteers in the community, may be required periodically.
Technology & Data Coordinator Responsibilities:
Technical Project Management
- Coordinate end-to-end technology projects for the organization, from pre-project planning to post-implementation quality assurance and training. Activities include but are not limited to: requirements gathering, organizing and cleaning data, testing, training, and implementation rollout.
- Interface with staff members and stakeholders across departments/functions to gather and document system requirements with the goal of creating a clear set of requirements for developers.
- Host regular check-in meetings with developers and other project stakeholders to assure that projects are progressing in a successful and timely manner.
- Track and maintain project progress, highlighting any major issues or roadblocks to the Operations & Data Manager.
- Maintain a repository of requirements for our various systems to help inform creation of system roadmaps / project backlogs.
- Document and create standard operating procedures for common processes in our systems to help with efficiency, data integrity, and new staff training.
Data Input & Analysis
- Collect, input, and process both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports and analyses.
- Work with internal and external partners to determine data needs and recommend useful reports.
- Build customer reports as required.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a master data dictionary for the organization.
- Identify and analyze data issues and their impact on data quality.
- Identify and recommend new ways to streamline program operations and processes using data.
Process & System Improvement
- Perform upgrades/changes to our systems to enable greater efficiency and better user experience.
- Provide technical expertise for the organization for our systems.
- Assist in resolving day-to-day system issues.
- Work as a system administrator across our tech stack helping to make updates and improvements.
- Coordinate and execute special projects.
- Other related assignments as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
In addition to an understanding of, and commitment to, the mission of SHA, this position requires:
- Demonstrated experience in technical project management and data analysis/management.
- Technical aptitude and positive track record working with developers / technical resources.
- Familiarity with a range of technology functions and willingness to develop skills in new areas.
- Ability to adeptly manage projects with strong organizational, multitasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively work with a broad spectrum of stakeholders using excellent verbal, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Self-directed working style balanced with a strong desire for teamwork and collaboration.
- Hands-on with a proven “make it happen” mindset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and project management tools.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, HTML/CSS, and programming languages is a plus
- Willingness to work in a variety of environments (office, warehouse, outdoors) and sometimes perform physical activities when required.
Compensation & Considerations:
- Salary is $45,000.
- Benefits include PTO, a 403b plan, and an annual HRA health stipend.
- Ability to accommodate working hours within SHA’s staff availability timeframe of Mon-Fri 8am-6pm. Evening and weekend hours will be required periodically.
- This is a hybrid position with some work occurring at our office/warehouse located at 970 Jefferson St NW Atlanta, GA 30318 and some work occurring from home. The candidate should be prepared to spend 2-3 days per week at the office with willingness to flex their working location based on developing organizational needs.
- Access to a personal vehicle is preferred as there is potentially some work-related local travel required (gas reimbursement stipend provided).
- Second Helpings Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture for all employees.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a letter of interest and resume to HR@secondhelpings.info.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com