Nonprofit food rescue & hunger relief organization
Second Helpings Atlanta (SHA) is a nonprofit food rescue & hunger reduction organization whose mission is to reduce food insecurity and food waste in the Metro Atlanta area. SHA serves as the link between a network of food donors who supply food and partner agencies who feed the hungry on a daily basis. Learn more about our work at https://secondhelpingsatlanta.org/.
At Second Helpings Atlanta we value collaboration, curiosity, kindness, and impact. We are a small but mighty team that is resourceful and creative. We foster a culture where our team believes the best in others, helps each other (and our community) out even when we don’t have to, and feels energized to solve problems (and has fun while doing it!).
The Food Rescue & Volunteer Network Coordinator position is a member of the Food Network team and reports to the Food Network Manager. Central to this role will be onboarding and engaging our volunteers in our food rescue process, programming and coordinating our daily food pickups and deliveries, handling day-of issues during our routes, providing insight and driving initiatives to improve the experience for all community partners, and ensuring impactful and effective food rescue and hunger relief operations.
Food Network Coordinator Responsibilities:
Food Rescue Programming / Dispatching
- Programs and maintains routes in Salesforce for the food network
- Monitors Salesforce for route and schedule accuracy
- Reviews and approves/disapproves volunteer route sign ups
- Maintains an ongoing log of route issues and escalates issues from agencies, donors, and volunteers
- Manages special volunteer route engagements
- Assists Food Network Manager with planning daily driver routes and transportation schedules
- Maintains Salesforce-related standard operating procedures (with Operations Manager)
- Performs other duties as needed to maintain food network operations
Volunteer Driver Communication & Experience
- Leads the new volunteer driver welcome and orientation process
- Manages and engages individuals through an orientation process
- Serves as the main point of contact for volunteer driver questions and issues related to food rescue routes
- Manages communication with volunteers about route opportunities, route changes, unfilled routes, and special circumstances
- Provides oversight and recommendations on the SHA volunteer experience
- Contributes to volunteer relationship management & cultivation
- Manages in-network volunteer recruitment
- Reports monthly on volunteer retention and engagement
- Answers main phone line and forwards messages to appropriate staff member as needed
- Provides input to the Marketing & Outreach Coordinator for volunteer recruitment and communication
- Performs other duties as needed to maintain volunteer driver operations
Skills and Qualifications:
In addition to an understanding of, and commitment to, the mission of SHA, this position requires:
- Comfortable with technology and learning new systems (experience with Salesforce is a strong plus)
- Interest in process and desire to streamline and improve procedures and experiences
- Desire to connect with others and ability to engage in conversation via phone, email, and other methods
- Ability to communicate quickly and effectively with team members and external partners via email, phone, and text message
- Confident public speaker and strong communicator.
- Great organizational, multitasking, and time-management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and with a team
- Positive, problem solving attitude and desire to execute on and improve SHA’s mission
- Creativity and enthusiasm for our food rescue mission
- Strong desire for teamwork and collaboration
Compensation & Considerations:
- Salary is $38,000+, depending upon experience.
- Benefits include PTO, a 403b plan, and an annual HRA stipend.
- Ability to accommodate working hours within SHA’s staff availability timeframe of Mon-Fri 8am-6pm.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required as needed.
- Willing to work in a hybrid model including remote and in-person environments.
- Access to a personal vehicle is preferred as there is some work-related local travel required (gas reimbursement stipend provided).
Second Helpings Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture for all employees.
Please submit a letter of interest and your resume to HR@secondhelpings.info. We will begin interviewing immediately so do not delay if you are serious about the opportunity!
To apply for this job email your details to HR@secondhelpings.info