About us and why we are hiring. . .
We are RoadSync and we are simplifying payments in the transportation industry. Our innovative digital platform turns an outdated and very tedious payment experience into a simple, digital payment solution that reduces processing time, and maximizes revenue collection for warehouses, trucks/carriers, and repair/tow operators.
RoadSync is growing, and so is our Engineering team. As a Lead Engineer, you will lead and develop a team of highly motivated backend developers. You will develop software for the RoadSync platform and help devise and implement our strategy for migrating legacy code to modern standards.
If you’re a goal-oriented team player with a passion for building great solutions, and up for your next challenge, we’d like to speak with you.
We’d love to hear from you if you have . . .
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- Experience working with web application backend using Python, Node or Ruby
- Experience working with AWS services like API Gateway, EC2, ECS, Lambda, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, and Cognito
- Serverless systems development experience or a strong desire to learn and implement them
- Experience with relational databases and developing transactional software
- An understanding of how and why to design loosely coupled systems
- US citizen or individuals with existing work visa only
It would be a plus if you have . . .
- Payments or accounting SaaS experience
- AWS Certifications
- Experience migrating legacy applications to microservices-based architecture
Some things you’ll be doing at RoadSync . . .
- Lead and develop a group of backend developers
- Design and build applications that adhere to the “Well Architected Framework”
- Develop software for the RoadSync platform which includes SaaS and mobile applications
- Help devise and implement our strategy for migrating legacy code to modern standards
- Follow the 12 Factor App methodology and champion it within RoadSync
- Write readable “clean code” with high unit test coverage and coach others to do the same
- Plan and estimate as part of RoadSync’s Agile development process
- Refactor the existing code base as you fix defects and add features
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers
- Provide level 3 support to professional services and customer service teams
- Contribute to and make architecture decisions
- Evaluate and recommend technologies and methodologies that improve RoadSync’s ability to serve its customers
Why we think you will love it here . . .
- The work we do makes a difference
- Awesome team of diverse individuals who believe in each other and a shared vision
- We respect the craft of software engineering and work to help each other grow
- Energetic office environment available in Midtown Atlanta, but we are remote-first
- Mentorship from successful leaders across the company
- Company-paid AWS certification exams & training
- Ability to work on new products and many different types of problems
- Competitive compensation and company equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- 401K Plan
- Food. We have a love for good food and sharing a meal (even virtually!)
To apply for this job please visit roadsync.applytojob.com.