Roadie is a crowdsourced delivery platform
Roadie is a crowdsourced delivery service that connects businesses with items to deliver with drivers already on the road. Roadie works with businesses across virtually every industry to provide a faster, cheaper, and more scalable solution for same-day deliveries nationwide. Roadie reaches 90% of U.S. households — the largest local same-day delivery footprint in the nation.
Our engineers work to create technology that solves real-world problems in the crowdsourced delivery space. As a Software Engineer on the backend team, you will work to build and evolve Roadie’s technical foundation in a fast-paced, agile environment.
What You’ll Do
- Scale our backend frameworks to support new feature requests and performance requirements
- Collaborate with broader Technology team to improve reliability of existing systems
- Writes and delivers reliable code through integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
- Apply experience and knowledge of industry best practices to support and continuously improve the performance, efficiency, and maintainability of existing applications
Technology we’re using now
- Backend: Python, Ruby on Rails, Go
- Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Redshift
- Docker, Kubernetes
- git, GitHub, Circle
What You Bring
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in at least one programming language preferably Python, Ruby or Go
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience writing clean, stable and maintainable code in production environments
Competitive salary, great health benefits (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k with company match. Flexible schedule with generous PTO, guaranteed monthly 3-day weekends, and the technology you need to get the job done.
Due to COVID-19, all team members are working remotely and enjoying a monthly WFH stipend.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.