Roadie is a crowdsourced delivery platform
Roadie is a crowdsourced delivery service that connects businesses with items to deliver with drivers already on the road. Roadie works with businesses across virtually every industry to provide a faster, cheaper, and more scalable solution for same-day deliveries nationwide. Roadie reaches 90% of U.S. households — the largest local same-day delivery footprint in the nation.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work to create technology solving real-world problems in the crowdsourced delivery space. Your work will evolve the architecture and design of the backend frameworks to meet the ever-increasing scalability and performance requirements. The ideal candidate has deep technical experience, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to do more than write code.
What You’ll Do
- Play an integral role in the development, design, testing, and maintenance of Roadie’s platform APIs and services
- Work across the engineering team to refactor existing systems and architect new features and solutions at scale
- Partner with Engineering leadership to scope and define work across the team
- Apply experience and knowledge of industry best practices to support and continuously improve the performance, efficiency, and maintainability of existing applications
- Lead by example and mentor developers in all aspects of planning, development and testing
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Data Science team members, providing a voice in backend architectural design decisions
- Contribute to establishing and improving software engineering best practices
Technology We’re Using Now
- Backend: Go, Python, Ruby on Rails
- Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Redshift
- Heroku, AWS
- Docker, Kubernetes
- git, GitHub, CircleCI
What You Bring
- 5+ years of software architecture and software development experience
- Strong expertise in multiple programming languages (Ruby or Go, preferred)
- Exposure to microservices design and architecture
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven track record of providing stable and secure code in production environments
- Desire for continuous improvement of processes, code, and efficiency
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complex problems into digestible insights
Competitive salary. Great health benefits (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k with company match. Flexible schedule with generous PTO, guaranteed monthly 3-day weekends, and the technology you need to get the job done.
All team members are currently working remotely and enjoying a monthly WFH stipend.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.